When the cook gets in the way of the cooking show.....

Has no one called out the entire crew of the Cooks Illustrated empire? Kimball caused me to leave the room. The remaining ladies are also pretty full of themselves…

3 Likes

I’m not sure what we’re supposed to say.
Like splitting the atom, we now have 2X the crappy content.

2 Likes

Christopher Kimball has always struck me as being a self-important, pompous arse.
I can’t remember whether it was Bridget or Julia that once gave a fabulous deadpan, naughty comedy bit about her family fighting over the roast turkey’s tail to CK , but I realized then that I liked both of those women far more than CK. So I watch the show, and I actually like it quite a bit,. Some of the methods are a little cringeworthy in their complexity or ingredients, but I like it better than a lot of the shows on Food Network and Cooking Channel.
That’s my story and i’m stickin’with it

9 Likes

What I didn’t like about the show . Is the cooking always worked perfectly. I start with fried chicken . A complete disaster. Oh I forgot you have to pay for your lousy recipe.

3 Likes

Yeah, there is that…
I dont’ take it as bible, but use it as a guide. And entrtainment.

1 Like

Me too

I liked ATK & we watched all the time…and eventually you pick-up on CK’s attitude. I was amused by the taste test guy’s obvious distaste for CK-- there was more going on there then fake drama for a reality show. I liked the ladies too but my main gripe was the show’s standard claim “We’ll show you how to make Cassoulet in only 15 minutes”. Joking but other less complicated dishes in xx minutes-- well sure IF one has counter space out the yin yang, professional equipment, and a STAFF doing the prep work.

7 Likes

And cleanup, don’t forget. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Caught a live taping of Emeril/NYC back in the day…in the way is exactly what my impression was that day. The backroom staff prepared the entire on air meal.

3 Likes