When the cook gets in the way of the cooking show.....

I enjoy Giada’s recipes and laugh at her Italian. What drives me up the wall is when she constantly talks with her mouth full! Terrible!

2 Likes

Nancy Fuller. High-pitched, condecending, kindergarten teacher’s voice.

The high shreeking voices of Damaris Phillips, Valerie Bertanelli, and Nancy Fuller together = Alvin And The Chipmunks

3 Likes

It warms my warped cockles that 83 posts after I started this thread, we are still keeping it topped up with vitriol! :grin:

7 Likes

Julie Tabouli? Ugh.

3 Likes

It’s because she’s faking her accent!

1 Like

I’m guessing she’s FROM Mexico, which has several styles of accent. She doesn’t bother me, but then I’m in a part of the US that was purchased from Mexico, so I’m used to various Mexican accents.

Are youtubers fair game?

I suppose, although I don’t think it’s fair to expect the same production standards or level of expertise. Original Youtube content is basically somebody’s home movies.

I’ll share a few, if you think it’s inappropriate, I will delete.

Mommy Tang Dear god, this woman, I thought Maangchi was cringey, this woman brings cringey to a whole new level. (I love Maangchi, btw, but I thought she was odd at first)

Fully Raw Kristina She’s ok, not really a cook more a lifestyle vegan vlog, she’s just so over-the-top with her thinly veiled sponsorships.

And I have to do it, Good ol’ Matty Matheson I just don’t get it? Why do people love him?

There’s more, I have to go through my 134 subscriptions, but trust me… youtube is a gold mine of cringe.

Don’t get me started on the mukbangers… :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

She’s from Mexico City. Everybody I’ve talked to from there has that kind of an accent. She just did a show in my city and I enjoyed the heck out of it.

1 Like

Pati’s accent doesn’t bother me, and her recipes re very appealing. It’s her high-pitched voice that shreds my last nerve. She’s speaking from her nose, not her diaphragm. I once saw a voice coach on TV, helping a woman whose career advancement was being impeded by her high, childlike voice. Management didn’t take her seriously. She was instructed to say hello stretch her arms toward the ceiling, and repeat the word. It was much lower and sounded mature. That was her true voice, and she was offered tips to practice transforming her mouse voice into an authentic one.

1 Like

I can NOT stand Pati and her accent and she constantly sounds like she’s climaxing while she’s tasting things. Also those Brass sister’s , I hate them. They are like the annoying Jewish grandmother’s always in other people’s business. Their voices ughhh .
The jazzy vegetarian , somebody needs to get their grandma back to the home and on her meds.

2 Likes

Welcome Nuttybeeitch! I love your name!

1 Like

Julia is rolling in her grave.

7 Likes

I read this on Eater yesterday and watched the TFLs make afternoon tea for a cricket team.

I like them even more now than when I used to watch them. It’s not the cooking and food so much, although everything looks good, but the conversations they have with each other. I never knew that Camilla Parker Bowles was related to Edward VII’s mistress, Mrs. Keppel!

5 Likes

Aw come on. Give those Boston ladies a break. Not much worthy of praise educationally, but they’re kindof fun in their own way. More useful than the latest car chase on LA TV news. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Boston ladies?

Well actually Cambridge.

4 Likes