What's Your Ultimate Smoothee Recipe?

I just got my first Vitamix, and I’m itching to get it working out.

What’s your favorite smootie when HP isn’t an issue?

Mahalo

Blueberry with banana, a small amount of juice . Apple, orange … Greek yogurt , a bit of milk to thin and honey .

Thanks! Rough proportions? Ice?

Nice!!
Note that a vitamix can acramble heat stuff if you let it blend a while, so using a few frozen ingredients is a good idea for a cold smoothie- I don’t like adding ice because it melts and the smoothie gets watery.

A great more sweet one i like is approx a cup frozen mango, about 1/2c plain greek yogurt, a huge handful of fresh spinach (or kale since the vita will obliterate it, just rmv stems), and a splash of orange juice

Oooh! You can use nuts! I always has to soak cashews first, but use about 1/4 c or so raw cashews, approx a cup and a half frozen berries, or whatever fruit, some fresh basil or mint is nice, and a big splash of almond milk or whatever milk you have

Not into the ice anymore . Changes the texture for me and would rather have the temp to be cool rather than cold . Proportions are just what you like , I hardly ever measure anything in cooking or mixing .

1 scoop whey protein powder, one frozen banana (I keep a bag of frozen chunks in the freezer), 1/2 cup mixed frozen berries, 1 Tbs almond butter, and a splash of water. Sometimes I add a handful of spinach and a dash of cinnamon.

Use frozen fruit instead of ice…icy cold without watery mess…and most fruit blends to a gorgeous creamy consistency.

2 Likes

frozen strawberry, mango, spinach, and pineapple, with a little OJ. I eat my protein on the side (nuts)

I freeze fruit in season, so always have it handy.

Agreed. BTW, I broke in my Vitamix with an actual Vitamix recipe for whole fruit margaritas. I’m sure you can find the exact recipe on line, but basically you peel and seed a lemon, an orange and a lime and toss them in with a handful of ice, tequila, Cointreu and sweetener. Best margaritas ever.

2 Likes

Almond milk, whey protein powder (chocolate), peanut butter, banana, berries (frozen or fresh), coffee ice cubes. Almost every morning.

I always keep frozen fruit in the freezer because I don’t like adding ice either. All the fruit mentioned below is frozen.

Raspberries, blackberries and/or blueberries, plain or vanilla greek yogurt, honey, milk
Banana, cocoa powder, almond butter, milk
Pineapple, coconut water

At Rose Bakery, I had a smoothie with apple, lime and ginger, exceptional.

I like this one too from their book (Don’t think you need a Vitamix):
Lime, grapefruit and ginger smoothie
3 spoonful (table) of sugar, 2 spoonful (table) of freshly grated ginger, juice of 2 lime and juice of 2 grapefruit. Heat up 1 cup of water with sugar and ginger for 5 minutes. Stop the heat, let it infuse and cool it down. Add the other fruit juice.

Lazy one, but I like it.
Chocolate banana smoothie
Add Dark Chocolate ice cream, 1 banana and milk, mix everything

Ooooh, this will happen this weekend. Thanks!

One of my fav things in the vm is what I call velvet corn. Fresh corn off the cob pureed til very smooth. So good, way better than polenta. We love it with grilled salmon. Sometimes, I also mix niblets into the velvet for a change. In the winter frozen packs of this stuff in my tamale pie crust recipe really up the corniness.

Help cover Hungry Onion's costs when you shop at Amazon!

Honghe Hani Rice Terraces, Yuanyang County, Yunnan
Credit: inkelv1122, Flickr