What's on your mind? (2024)

I bought my 2nd “big grill” about 12 years ago, it was a Weber “Summit” grill. I had all kinds of stuff left over and it scared the hell out of me, too.

12 years later, and several gas tube and other refurbs, I STILL haven’t figured out those extra parts…

2 Likes

Awwwwright, whining about Aldi stuff.

Got their salmon fillets tonight because 2 of 3 daughters are visiting and that’s what they asked for, and Aldi salmon (farmed) was a decent price.

Why the hell does Aldi sell a 3 pound side of salmon that hasn’t been scaled? I ended up taking my cutting board outside and setting it atop my garbage can to scale it off with the scales flying off into the driveway. Stuff goes every which way, of course.

I’ve never before bought salmon that wasn’t already scaled. You’d think they’d say that on the package.

Unscaled trout, I’m fine with b/c they (the scales) are fine enough they just kind of melt away when you cook it. But a 3 pound slab of salmon? Not going to happen.

End rant.

3 Likes

Wow. I wonder if that was a mistake. I’ve bought salmon there before, and it was always scaled.

That sucks, tho! Oy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know it could be worse. I’ve lived where it snows. Life would be so boring if we didn’t have something to whinge about.

2 Likes

We had a month of rain in January and now 2 snow events in February. At least it’s a nice variety?

1 Like

We have an Aldi thread going in case you want to post there. I wouldn’t call it a rant, more of a warning to others. That’s what the thread is all about. I would have been seriously ticked too.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Pro tip: Aleppo pepper may not be the hottest pepper on the planet (or palate for that matter), but I do not recommend getting some in your nostril (don’t ask).

6 Likes

:hushed::hushed::hushed::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Haha. Or any combination of nostrils and eyes. I’m an engineer (dammit!) and decided to poke the handle of a wooden spoon down the top hole of my old blender while mixing up some habanero salsa.

Handle contacted blender blade, blender bucked, stuff hit my face, I was done for the night.

Not to mention trashing a fairly new pair of monthly-wear contact lenses.

That was years ago, but my wife still remembers, and reminds me of it, when I’m about to do something more stupid than usual in the kitchen.

2 Likes

But have you ever put batteries in the MW to ‘warm them up’ bc you had been storing them in the freezer for some nonsense reason?

I hope not.

3 Likes

Now I need to get an old microwave from the thrift store…

3 Likes

I can’t believe that has to be pointed out. But then I couldn’t believe my eyes when my PIC was just about to do that. Now, he may or may not have been having some adult beverages before having this absolutely brilliant idea, but I don’t think I’ve ever been this perplexed. He’s a smart one, generally speaking :joy:

2 Likes

Früher war alles besser :joy:

Nope, unless you’re being sarcastic.

It was a vibe I was getting here today.

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

The merger is heating up.

C&S’s history and the fact that they asked if they were required to keep stores open after the P&S goes through is pretty telling.

1 Like

Time to start seeds!

2 Likes