What's On Your Mind 2023

US101 Oregon
This will disrupt our supply chain.

4 Likes

Maybe if you live on the coast. Most trucks take I5.

I do live on the coast, I was speaking of our supply chain. However everything looked pretty good in the grocery stores today. Theyā€™ve had since Monday to reroute the trucks.

1 Like

Ah, I thought it was a more inclusive ā€œour.ā€ I hope they are able to keep you well stocked. What a mess.

Iā€™m surprised the Oregonian did not report this. This was also not reported on the noon tv segment I watched today. They did have over three minutes to spare to talk about the silly goonies house :roll_eyes: You would think this would be more pressing. There are plenty of stories about CA weather/road related issues but not OR. I have had in mind heading to the coast sometime soon so it is useful info to have. I would not expect to get better road conditions on HO?

1 Like

Well we are way down here in the southern end, maybe they forgot we exist.

3 Likes

FB_IMG_1673569178531

2 Likes

My kitchen fridge is side/side with freezer being a full drawer at the bottom.

Yesterday I couldnā€™t pull out the top tray on the freezer - something was catching. Iā€™m on my knees with one arm squished in, fishing around back there trying to figure out the problem.

Turns out the shield had gotten knocked off the light bulb (bulb is mounted up in the ā€œceilingā€ part of the freezer) and the bulb had melted itself into a plastic package and was sticking to it.

The regular refrigerator portion is illuminated with a ceiling-mounted bank of 36 small LEDs.

Why the heck did Samsung decide to put an incandescent bulb in the freezer compartment? LEDs do fine at freezing temps.

Rant over.

4 Likes

https://hayspost.com/posts/f0a36182-4d5b-47e8-9a45-2d7a8dfdbe00

Water Armageddon

1 Like

I always said I want mine to read ā€œIt seemed like a good idea at the timeā€.

4 Likes

63e7806896242f0019e878e2

7 Likes

That is so inappropriately amusingly wrong.

6 Likes

Reminds me, at a conference a telecom provider indicated that their company was asked to take down their billboard which was next to an addiction treatment centre because it said, ā€œSatisfy your need for speed.ā€

7 Likes

Again, so inappropriately amusingly wrong.

3 Likes
2 Likes

One canā€™t sell breakfast anywhere near as high as one can sell lunch. Breakfast is a loss leader, traditionally. Even with the crazy (formerly, now falling a bit) price of eggs.

I just donā€™t think people want to pay for breakfast as much as theyā€™re willing to pay for lunch or dinner, even though sometimes the inputs/ingredients are similarly costly.

Maybe itā€™s just an American cultural thing.

Now, when it comes down to making oneā€™s own breakfast and oneā€™s own lunch, I donā€™t know why the input costs canā€™t be relatively equivalent.

Maybe Iā€™m missing something here.

All the above said, I rarely eat a breakfast meal. Iā€™ve fixed breakfasts for my 4 kids every day for the last 22 years, but donā€™t usually eat myself. For them, going to school, I think itā€™s important to get a good mix of protein/fat.

2 Likes

Urp

2 Likes

Did she pre-cook the hot dogs?? Or just take them out of the pack??

I had always heard that you have to cook or at least re-heat hot dogs before consuming.

Either wayā€¦ Iā€™ll pass.

2 Likes

And I just bought a pack of locally crafted hot dogs. I just put them in the freezer, because watching this has put me off my feed for the foreseeable future - maybe forever.

1 Like

Points for creativity?

1 Like