What's On Your Mind 2023

They’re bautiful!

1 Like

It’s raining

4 Likes

Talk about going out with a bang. Good for her.

1 Like

I saw what you did there …

3 Likes

Seems like a big deal if you have outdoor irrigation (veg and/or flower gardens, etc.) and get even a substantial portion of your watering done that way.

Note if you ever need to redo your guttering and can have the barrels platform-mounted several feet higher so you can get a lot more pressure with a hose.

Edit - but I guess you wouldn’t want to do that with the guys near the window.

1 Like

DD1’s dog Moose has become a real chowhound in his later years. He is blind, deaf, and in congestive heart failure, so food has become everything to him! It’s surprising how fast he can move if food is involved. As well, his sense of smell seems to be acute, since he can seem to be asleep, but is in the kitchen immediately if food is involved. BTW, in his younger years he was obsessed with playing catch when a tennis ball was thrown, and cared little for food. Here he is:

16 Likes

Happy Easter
:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Effin’ Criminals Are On My Mind as US Tax Return Filing Deadline Looms.

Within an 8 minute period, these 4 things happened this afternoon.

1. I got my in-laws tax return e-filed.

2. I got my (joint with wife) tax return e-filed.

3. Mail came, in it was an IRS letter addressed to my dependent son. Seems some Effin’ Criminals had filed a tax return on his behalf, fraudulently seeking his refund. Silver lining: he has no refund as I instructed him to file zero withholding for his summer job, which had de minimis income. Letter has instructions on how to set things straight, but of course it came right at 7 p.m. as the hotline to call was closed. No idea how long it will take, though - hopefully less than 1 week, because:

4. Just after digesting the IRS letter our joint return got bounced. Reason - we claimed our son as a dependent but the Effin’ Criminals did not file his fraudulent return as being subject to anyone else claiming him as a dependent. So if we don’t get it wiped out in a week we’ll end up needing to pay-and-extend the filing.

Effin’ Criminals.

Fun day.

7 Likes

What a damn pain - my sympathies. Ugh.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the sympathies. Better than a kick in the head, though, I guess.

:smiley:

1 Like

Ugh! Been there. My sympathies. There is no making sense with the bots at the IRS. #1 child (34 yrs) has been dealing with them for years over a disagreement on a schedule A deduction. Someday they’ll figure it out and realize all the penalties they’ve been charging her will be dismissed. A good tax CPA is worth every penny we pay them. Found that out after quite a run around with IRS a decade ago.

1 Like

That’s criminal indeed, who goes that far and takes that much trouble to do some kind of documentation just to put someone else in trouble? Despicable people, mate, I hope everything will work out in your favour, and quickly.

1 Like

That’s sort of scary!

It’s official.
Received my National Tourist Guide Lecturer license ID card today! The grind of more than 6 months is over. What a relief!

10 Likes

:fireworks: :sparkler: :fireworks: :sparkler:

:clap:t2: :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

Best of luck. Hope you have many happy tours!

1 Like

Yay! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

:clap: Congratulations!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. I messaged here from the first day of the course, and I was encouraged by the good folks here since the very first rant I wrote here. From start to finish. Thanks a lot everyone. :pray:

6 Likes

Congratulations, and best wishes for a successful career ahead!

2 Likes

Update on the Fookin’ Criminal Activity.

I spent 72 minutes on hold with the IRS. Once I got a guy on the line, with my son on conference (because he turned 18 not long ago and I can no longer speak for him without a statement of POA), we got his fake return cleared in a matter of 3 minutes.

The problem is, despite the fact that the IRS now agrees the criminally filed return was fraudulent, and the IRS agreeing they’re going to wipe it, what their idiotic IT system does NOT permit them to do is wipe the fact that his SSN was used this year for a return.

So we cannot e-file because his SSN is still sitting in the system as a non-dependent, DESPITE THE FACT that they’ve wiped the return from the system.

Someone informed about IT systems PLEASE explain to me why this cannot be a simple fix???

Anyway, we have to print and snail mail file our taxes because, despite the IRS wiping out the fraudulent return, they cannot wipe out the fact that his SSN is in their system as having filed a return.

Make sense?

No, I didn’t think so either.

3 Likes