What's for low carb breakfast, lunch or dinner?

How very nice to see you here!

4 Likes

I can finally report that I made this, though I struggled with the dimensions of the well a bit, and I subbed almond meal for the pork rinds because thatā€™s what I had. I love the textures, especially the pine nut addition. I used all fresh herbs.

Iā€™m having a histamine issue with red tomatoes again, so thinking of using yellow ones next time, or green so I can eat it without a problem. Lots of leftovers for DH from this, though. :smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

I need a little more cooking chatter in my life

3 Likes

who dosent.

1 Like

Iā€™m glad to see you have time for it once more!

I remembered to take a picture this time. This has become one of my favorite low carb breakfast/brunch meals, hamburger with pork roll egg and cheese. (I prefer the egg less fried than this one, but delicious none the less)

1 Like

Looks mighty fine to me - I prefer my eggs over hard with a broken yolk.

Looks delicious! I only recently discovered the wonders of Taylor Ham. My Philadelphia-born-and-raised mother was in shock.

Thanks, need some others to share cooking fun with, itā€™s something Iā€™ve missed but with all the site shuffle I hadnā€™t made time to get acquainted with the new site, but now thatā€™s the plan

2 Likes

More soup for me tonight! Iā€™m on a serious soup kick recently - cauliflower chowder with clams, speck and cashew milk instead of cream. I also whipped up a batch of Scotch eggs for nibbling this week.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been having pastured NZ kobe style beef burgers for breakfasts on occasion. lately, though I usually donā€™t eat til lunch time most days. Yellow or green mater for me, a bit of mayo.

Simple bacon/sausage and eggs just doesnā€™t cut it for me at breakfast. Cutting carbs from that meal has probably been the most difficult because the home fried potatoes and or pancakes etc is what really satisfied my morning hunger. I can eat 3-4-5-6 (yes I ordered a 6 egg omelette once) just doesnā€™t fill me. A couple hours after eating Iā€™m hungry again, the burger combo has helped with that. (mind you Iā€™m only talking about weekend/Sunday type breakfasts)

I will occasionally make protein pancakes on weekends - eggs, cottage cheese, almond meal, and some protein powder (with a little cinnamon and artificial sweetener). Theyā€™re not buttermilk pancakes but theyā€™re pretty good. I agree that breakfast is tough because for me weekday breakfasts are usually on the go . Iā€™ve also been trying slow carb instead of low carb and throwing some legumes into my morning meal which does seem to keep me full longer.

Cooked off some fresh Hot Italian sausage in the convection oven to 160 degrees and allowed it to rest. Sliced 1/4 thick slices, placed on a small aluminum pizza pan & put some homemade marinara sauce on top. Then dribbled a little of the juice that came out of the sausage during cooking on top. Then some fresh grated Mozz cheese, salt, pep, garlic powder & oregano & under the broiler to golden brown. Simple, fast & DELICIOUS! Less that 10 carbs total.

1 Like

Just saw this video, looks interesting has anyone tried it?

http://tiphero.com/no-carb-cloud-bread/

Iā€™m not big on most recreation recipes but love cloud bread. It doesnā€™t really remind me of bread but a nice surface for sandwiches

1 Like

Have not tried that but have been considering trying to make some kind of low carb muffin/roll for breakfast sandwiches, possibly mixing almond flour & coconut flour as the base.

1 Like

Greek yogurt (2%) with pomegranate. Feels so healthy '-D

Tried a quick version of almond flour/coconut flour/butter /egg mixture today. OK but not great. Kind of like a dense British Scone. More work to do to get tit right.

Butter & lemon-poached Belgian endive with lots of fresh ground pepper for lunch.