What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Good grief, some of you are putting me to shame. Oh well🙂 pretty explanatory.

19 Likes

Tom yum noodle soup with rice noodles, shrimp, oyster mushrooms, and ground pork.

22 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Well on my way to being a crazy cat lady. :rofl::two_hearts:

8 Likes

There are worse fates…

7 Likes

Nothing wrong with that! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

We had our ladies night Tuesday to celebrate a certain someone, so nothing special for dinner – just leftover salad from our lunch topped with a bit of roti chicken.

There was a little more cooking at casa lingua yesterday as we had a buddy over for dinner. Appetizer was burrata caprese with shitty sungold tomatoes I therefore had to roast in order to coax out any flavor, roasted fennel with shredded parm, a simple salad of gem lettuces, avocado & chopped walnuts in walnut vinaigrette, and grilled Arctic char & salmon with a horseradish dill sauce. Well, actually… the fish was incinerated more than it was grilled bc our Weber caught on fire for slightly longer than we were comfortable with, but in the end it died out. Of course, both fish skins were positively ruined, and the char was def overcooked. Our friend’s beautiful salmon filet held up well & was still delish. STOL which will make for lunches in the coming days.

The cat joined us for a post-dinner table hang. Weirdo.

Meeting up with my chili heads for Sichuan jour fixe tonight. I think the owner might have taken my waxing poetic about the amazing har gow we had in Berlin as a challenge bc she promised to make some for our group tonight. Will be fun to compare. Drinks after are on the horizon. Thank goodness for some booze again.

20 Likes

Those wontons look good, are they? If so what brand (or restaurant/shop/Noodle joint)?

Looks like “charred Char” :fire: :fire_engine: :fire: :grin:

5 Likes

Pan fried pork, romaine, Caesar dressing, pickled red onions, tomatoes, cucumber and lots of Parm Regg for dinner last night.
There will be pizza for tonight’s dinner, craving hard rn :smiley:

18 Likes

I saw that happen once when someone was grilling chicken on our apartment complex’s community grill. I think the grease tray needed to be cleaned.

Last Night’s Dinner: Zucchini Pancake with Green Chilis and Soy-Vinegar Dip / Hobak Buchimgae / 호박부침개

21 Likes

Ooooh, a beautiful fur-bur! I can see lots of belly rubs with that one. Got a really good vacuum? That’s how I get through the pet allergies. Well that, and citirizine. Congratulations! Birthday present?

4 Likes

A homonym wordplay we’ve been trying to expand on, but never got very far :wink:

“Charred chard” is even better.

2 Likes

Oh, it’s all burnt off now, trust.

5 Likes

My goodness, our grill did that the other night with the porterhouse. We found the grease pan below had just ignited, whereas we hadn’t noticed any grease in it before. The roomate put out the flames with the Ryobi blower😵. It worked. Grease pan all cleaned out. I will need to check it more often.
BTW, Happy Trip Around the Sun!

3 Likes

Our dinner parties have never been this lit before… :joy:

And thank you :pray: :hugs:

8 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh yea! That’s the word play Player!

1 Like

She’s beautiful! :heart: Allergy shots should work - will just take a little while.

1 Like