What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Not sure I’d ever want to return to college after being fed like that :wink:

7 Likes

Alas, I can’t provide quite so many similarly aged friends here at home. So off he goes. To enjoy his social life and eat to live for a while.

2 Likes

The woman too. My mother spent the first 20 something years of her life in the Boston area and then left. She moved back to Newton MA at 85 and all of a sudden she had a Boston accent again!

5 Likes

Well, now I haven’t any excuse not to try them.

3 Likes

Hang in there- sorry about work :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Shrimp/feta and romaine salad for dinner.

20 Likes

Dinner tonight was a pork lo mein with a dinosaurus porkchopis. When I clean out the freezer this weekend I will have to see how many of these gargantuan pork chops I have left.

14 Likes

Is it because of ‘something the water’?

Maybe

Pan roasted chicken diavolo. The last of the leftover gratins – potato and spinach.

24 Likes

More of the pork and fennel stew over pecorino grits with corn niblets.

24 Likes

Lamb meatballs (garlic, chili, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric) first seared, then braised in a sauce made from crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, onion, garlic, tomato paste, cinnamon, peas, dried dill and mint). Served over mashed potatoes

17 Likes

It’s Tuesday so…chopped meat from roasted chicken drumsticks, seasoned with chile powder, garlic, Mexican oregano, cumin, coriander, sauteed with poblano pepper, onion and mole sauce. Served with cotija cheese, avocado, radish and cilantro. There was a red snapper and sangria.

22 Likes

A very mediocre meal for me at one of our favorite small plates places in town, thankfully in delightful company.

I veered from my usual order (broiled oysters that aren’t currently on the menu SADZ, and smoked lamb lolli-chops) - big mistake. The buffalo rock shrimp were overwhelmed with the breading and the buffalo sauce, and the cheese sauce beneath it made for a needlessly heavy dish. The micro celery was the best thing on the plate. A side of Caesar was also disappointing, with the random addition of Wegmans’ roasted tomatoes WUT and HBEs WTAF?

My PIC’s grouper Reuben OTOH was excellent, with scattered jalapeño slices in the sandwich <3

Calvados 75 and a Fancy Free (basically a martinez with rye) helped a bit.

12 Likes

Yeah that sounds pretty poorly conceived.

Took a stab at tortilla soup using leftovers from our fajita dinner the night before. Homemade chicken stock from the freezer, can of RoTel, a little cumin, paprika, s/p. Eyed the half cup or so of refried beans and thought why not. Simmered a bit. Then in went the grilled chicken fajita, onions and poblano. Chopped cilantro. Fresh fried flour and corn tortillas. Topped with Monterey Jack cheese. Avocados weren’t ripe enough so that was left out. Crowded little bowl I know but it was good.

17 Likes

Very creative!

2 Likes

Bone in, skin on chicken thighs on a sheet pan with carrots, potatoes, leeks, EVOO, salt, pepper, garlic powder and CHICKEN FAT! Was very good. :yum:

24 Likes

Good fall meal. Yum.

1 Like

Now how could that be bad? Good repurposing.

1 Like