What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Take-out green curry tofu and mango salad from Salad King in Toronto

15 Likes

I spoke too soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

And ketchup/catsup fir dipping those fries in?
14° this morning, 30° for our high.
Wearing socks indoor again
Oh those fall colors of the larch, aspen, Oregon grape and ash.

1 Like

Burgers on the grill. Craving the fast food version, right down to 'merican cheeze and dehydrated onions. Scratched the itch.

Spinach in vinaigrette because vegetables.

20 Likes

Watching game 1 of the world series. Pasta with prawns . Cheers .

28 Likes
4 Likes

We had smoked country ribs with a Cajun dry rub and TJ’s sweet potato fries. Mrs. P also made fig, gorgonzola, Andouille sausage toast with with garlic crunch and hot honey. We had a nice Australian cabernet to go with the meal.

22 Likes

Not really photogenic but quite tasty - greek inspired “pie” based on a recipe from Diana Henry. Zucchini and scallions get roasted in the oven first, before they are mixed with eggs, greek yoghurt, feta, parmesan, dill and garlic and everything is baked in the oven

16 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a plate full of vegetables.

19 Likes

Love your utensils! Everyday use or special occasions?
:black_cat:

1 Like

Everyday use.

1 Like

In the little metal mise cup in the background. Ain’t fries without ketchup for dipping. :wink:

And BRRRR on those temps! Too early for me!

1 Like

Great meal out last night. Place was hopping – no surprise on a football Friday, but thankfully, we’d made reservations. Still ended up sitting at a high-top in the bar area, as the restaurant was a bit toasty & the bar much cooler.

We shared an ear of their fantastic street corn (wish we’d gotten one each), an appetizer for which I’d return any day. Our mains were the Friday fish fry special and the old-fashioned burger with added bacon that came highly recommended by our fabulous server who happens to be a friend of mine :wink:

The burger was one of the best I’ve had in the area – well-seasoned meat, good bun:patty ratio, great aioli, crispy bacon, gooey cheese. We got fries instead of the chips that come with it for a little up-charge: worth it.

The fish fry itself was delectable: 3 big chunks of flaky white fish (I forgot to ask whether it was haddock or cod) fried with the perfect amount of crispy, light batter. It came with a good slaw that wasn’t too sweet, hush puppies that looked fab I didn’t taste bc I don’t care for them, and a generous amount of mac & cheese I found rather bland and a bit runny.

We sortakinda left room for a slice of their incredible banoffee pie in that we took it home with us, so… no insta-worthy pic of this scrumptious creation they serve in house on a pedestal. In fact, the whipped cream was a bit askew when we ate it STRAIGHT OUT OF THE CONTAINER :rofl:, but it was just as good as I remembered it from the first time.

15 Likes

This is a late freeze for us, usually the freeze cycle starts about mid September. I got the little San Marzanos in last week. So delish!

1 Like

Wow, what a treat!

1 Like

This comment is screaming for a laugh react.

In days gone by, we jigged up anchovies, sardines and shiners off the docks in SF bay for striper bait. When skunked, bait was WFD. :frowning:

Now we have to spend good ¥ for same. It’s all good.

13 Likes

Big lunch with the fam, so a couple of spicy, flaky, delicious patties was enough for dinner.

23 Likes

Beef shish, roasted new potatoes, grilled zucchini and a shared caramel apple. 80 degrees today, north of Boston, expected to be about 45 degrees tomorrow. Hello November!

23 Likes

Last night we made swordfish with sweet and hot peppers with our fish share swordfish.

Used up a bunch of red peppers I had purchased, very easy and tasted great! Lunch today finished it.

15 Likes