What's For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Lobster ravioli tossed with butter, lemon, fresh tomato and garden chives,. Very nice

19 Likes

Grilled, frozen “Wagyu” burger from Presidents Choice(a gift from my sister) Banquet Burger, aka bacon /cheese burger.
Caramelized onions/cocktail tomatoes/kosher dills/mayo toasted potato roll(not Martins). Side Caesar salad with crumbled bbq chips instead of croutons.
The patty was good, very densely packed ,my reg burgers are way better. Would not buy them but appreciated them as a gift :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Shrimp with feta, tomatoes and pasta

Injured potatoes and some tomatoes that were harvested over the past week.

16 Likes

I had serious doubts about this impulse buy, but it was actually pretty good. Tender/juicy. Probably from the 12% injected solution…

Savory corn fritters made with grilled corn off the cob from the freezer. Dabbed with butter. And maple syrup. A small piece of squash.

15 Likes

Rack of ribs I baked in the oven at 225, then finished on the grill with bbq sauce.

With local green beans and harden cherry tomato salad .

19 Likes

I made chicken and shiitake mushroom clay pot rice, ate some of it, went out for very early sushi dinner to meet a friend, and then came home and ate some more of it :joy:.

25 Likes

Huevos Rotos using fresh Spanish chorizo, along with potatoes and onions from the garden. Served with orange slices for acidity, and a few tortilla chips for crunch.

I like the New York Times version (gift link).

23 Likes

Thank you! I am amazed at the amounts…1/8 tsp. ( about my speed) to your ‘heap’. I love spicy on the tounge. It doesn’t like me from the throat down.

1 Like

I’ve been lying low the last 5 wks or so. I lost my job, and a few other things going on that aren’t so great, and I just haven’t had the heart to do a lot of fun cooking. Certainly not posting. But I’d like to rejoin the eating and cooking community. This group really does support and prop each other up. I see examples of it all the time. So I’m going to try and turn that frown upside down and share some meals with you all again. Tonight was tortilla soup with avo and fresh fried chips.

35 Likes

Yum and comforting! One step at a time, hang in there!

6 Likes

I’m SO sorry to hear that! You have been missed. Wish you didn’t have this tough time; thanks for being bravely vulnerable with us. Hoping for sunnier days ahead.

11 Likes

Hope things get better soon, Sasha.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but here’s to new beginnings! Cooking is also the best therapy and helping oneself feel normal.

8 Likes

Tonight I cooked mom and BF our annual Okroberfest meal of Chicken Schnitzel, German-style potato salad, and bacon-mushroom gravy. Unfortunately the picture does not properly convey the size of these cutlets. They were pounded so thin that the neighbors probably thought we were having construction.

There was a martini.

28 Likes

Sorry to hear. Happy to have you back here , hope you hang with us as you process and progress. Tortilla soup looks great!

6 Likes

@gcaggiano Killing me with those cutlets as usual!

3 Likes

Different coating and spices but I’m still the cutlet king! :joy:

6 Likes

Strammer Max

25 Likes

I’m sorry you’re going through a rough time, and I hope things turn around soon. Keep eating soup and you’ll at least feel a little better.

4 Likes

So sorry about your job, @Sasha . Hopefully something better comes saong very soon! Soup looks like great comfort food.

2 Likes