What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

Too hot and lazy to turn on the oven or bbq, so tinned sardines to the rescue!!
Spicy sardines/romaine/diced cucumber/sauteed peppers and onions(made for tomorrows dinner)/pickled onions and garlic stuffed green olives dressed in a anchovy/red wine vinaigrette.

20 Likes

Good luck in getting your electricity back!

3 Likes

I would have lost my damn mind :joy:

3 Likes

I made Zuppa Toscana with the other half of a giant bag of kale and the rest of the heavy cream. I added my usual carrot and celery, omitted the bacon, and also used some rutabaga this time. We all enjoyed.

24 Likes

Chix-Broc Alfredo dinner tonight from Cafe Sicilia is MUCH better than that dreck from last night! (Needed some s/p, but that was easily remedied!)

Although having a hot meal when it’s 86° inside my house is not the smartest thing, it quelled my pasta craving. And I got my allotment of veg…there was more broccoli underneath the chicken and penne pasta.

Big ass trench in the area where wires are; fingers crossed this is fixed by tomorrow. Because I sure as shit don’t want to go through another weekend of this baloney. I’m pretty sure 11-12 days and nights are enough.

20 Likes

That looks so good! You are reminding me soup season is coming - yay!

3 Likes

LW-this really sucks, keeping fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

Too hot to grill, so at lunch DH took leeks, carrots and celery and sweated them, threw in chicken stock and potatoes. Cooked till tender. Took the hand blender to it. Let it cool down and put the pot in fridge. Served with a pour of half & half, s/p and fresh chives, some Iggy’s sour dough. Was really good.

19 Likes

Interesting. I see different spellings/pronunciations of Korean food items all the time and it doesn’t bother me one bit.

6 Likes

Crispy seasoned Ritz cracker crumb baked sea scallops. Baked @ 400* for 15 minutes. I thought they were a little underdone but maybe it’s just me. Green beans (frozen) with sautéed onion, bacon and a splash of balsamic. A quickly microwaved potato turned into a twice baked potato with butter, sour cream and cheddar mix.

14 Likes

Vegetarian rice-stuffed vegetables, roast oregano lemon lamb (not pictured ), and a Waldorf.

24 Likes

Using up the bits and bobs. Tarbais beans and pasta in a roasted tomato sauce, with kale and a leftover kielbasa. Plenty of parm.

23 Likes

A Waldorf! Yum.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Miso-glazed eggplant, oyster mushrooms and shrimp. Balcony kale salad. Maybe should’ve pulled back a little on the soy sauce and ramped up the vinegar, but not bad, not bad.

dinner

22 Likes

Honey and spice roasted chicken and carrots. Basmati rice, onion, garlic, red bell sauteed in oo and cooked in chicken broth, Italian seasoning. Another orange, fennel salad, I forgot the fronds. Sangria. Dessert was a fig and date syrup milk shake.

22 Likes

My kinda Waldorf!

1 Like

Toasted pearl couscous with chicken thighs, carrots, chickpeas, onions, parsley, bay leaves, cumin, allspice and pomegranate molasses.

20 Likes

Dinner mostly courtesy of HMart. Scallion pancake, kimchi pancake, and soon dubu. Also, spicy daikon pickle, not shown. Frozen grapes for dessert and a Smog City Pilsner

21 Likes

16 Likes

So funny, I was thinking of Korean g/k and u/oo and Turkish c/ç/j when I read the first comment :joy:

4 Likes