What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Belford Bistro including mussels with chorizo sausage; crab cakes; bucatini with mushroom ragu; pork chop Milanese with mac n cheese;It all went great with an excellent red blend and cabernet.

16 Likes

That would be just my luck.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I whipped up a quick pasta arrabiata with chorizo. Delicious, quick and easy.

21 Likes

This sounds and looks wonderful…and could easily be cut in half and made in a small skillet. Thx for posting the gift link!

7 Likes

The new thread for October is posted here:

8 Likes

Yay, thank you!

1 Like

Aldi purchase. I remember devouring samples in the grocery store as a kid. It’s basically surimi, cream cheese, probably some mayo, and Old Bay.

Yes :grin:

2 Likes

Linda, Why couldn’t the new lenses be mounted in the old frames?

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

Because I’d have to give up my frames fot a week or more, as the lab requires them to be sent out to them, and I don’t have a spare pair with the current Rx, except my sunglasses. I’ll get the new Rx put in my current frames after I get the new frames. And probably send my sunglasses at the same time.

2 Likes

After a week of leftovers, sandwiches, and other cobbled together things, I made Viet garlic noodles I had been planning for a while.

I need to make 2 packets of noodles if I want leftovers, I realized last time and still forgot to act on this time.

14 Likes

I had to get new lenses recently and didn’t want to get new frames. The lenses came in about a week and they popped them into the old frames lickety split. That was at Lenscrafters which is what my vision insurance contracts with in this region.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

We moved over here :wink:

3 Likes

That’s what I want to happen, but Visionworks claims they have to send the frames in. I’m thinking it’s a scam to get you to buy more frames. Might find another provider.

2 Likes

I’d think so.

Have you tried Lens Factory?

You do have to send them the frames, but turnaround was fast (for me).

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #99 - the Orange is the New Black Edition -October 2023

At VisionWorks they should be able to scan the frame and cut the lenses to fit the frame. There is always a chance that the frame could break if it’s old, brittle and doesn’t do well when heated for lens insertion if it’s a plastic frame. Metal frames usually no issue if scanned but weld points could be an issue depending on the quality or age of the frame

1 Like