What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

Buddy called (texted) Friday morning offered a schoolie Striper he’d just caught. Hell yeah!!!

Steamed Striper, Ong Choy and rice with Chinese Sausage. So simple, don’t get much better than this.

22 Likes

That’s a beauty.

I need friends like yours.

5 Likes

Roasted cauliflower with scallops and string beans.

20 Likes

Handy too in your go-bag or go-crate, if you have to be evacuated!

2 Likes

LOVE them. I still have a few left and plan on cooking them like seared scallops tonight.

2 Likes

It’s voting time!

1 Like

You have a birthday coming up, don’t you? Happy, happy!

1 Like

Lots of errands today, including an eyeball exam. New Rx means new glasses. My current frames that I bought JUST LAST YEAR and REALLY like are no longer available. So I picked out something similar, but not as nice. :woman_shrugging:

Dinner was a double thick cut bone-in pork chop, seasoned with olive oil and Penzeys Tsardust Memories seasoning blend and grilled briefly on a grill pan and finished in the oven.

Slices with an apple cider glaze drizzled on top. Sides were roasted Herbs de Provence potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts.

Wine.

23 Likes

We’re having leftover Cincinnati chili that I made on Thursday. 5-way with spaghetti, chili beef spiced sauce, shredded cheddar, chopped onion and red kidney beans. Still having taste numbness from Covid and can only taste the chopped onion :0(

15 Likes

Playdate. Pistachios, grape tomatoes, Kalamata olives, and Cajun crab dip with ww Ritz to start. Then our friends’ green salad with citrus dressing alongside homemade spaghetti with my Uncle Bill’s sausage and black olive ragu and garlic bread. Lots of vino.

25 Likes

Since my food intake today had been 2 Starbucks bacon egg gruyere bites, a slice of Starbucks banana bread, a blueberry scone, and an indie bakery’s pop tart (scone and pop tart were from a Too Good to Go package), I needed some vegetables for dinner. Inspired by @Mr_Happy’s recent pad kra paos, I ordered a tofu and veg pad kra pao from a Thai joint in my neighborhood (Imm Thai). It hit the spot.

I usually have ordered pork or chicken pad kra pao. I think I’m going to start ordering the tofu and veg version more often until I find a place that does it really well.

Local grapes and a gala apple for dessert / roughage :joy:

17 Likes

A one-pan shrimp scampi with orzo from New York Times. I reduced the amount of orzo (and liquid) by 25%, and swapped in a half-cup of baby peas. The two of us devoured the whole pan.

Overall, so easy and so delicious - will certainly make again.

This link to the recipe is a gift link, and therefore should be accessible to anyone interested.

24 Likes

More info please!

Whose playdate? The adults or the kiddos?

5 Likes

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Belford Bistro including mussels with chorizo sausage; crab cakes; bucatini with mushroom ragu; pork chop Milanese with mac n cheese;It all went great with an excellent red blend and cabernet.

16 Likes

That would be just my luck.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I whipped up a quick pasta arrabiata with chorizo. Delicious, quick and easy.

21 Likes

This sounds and looks wonderful…and could easily be cut in half and made in a small skillet. Thx for posting the gift link!

7 Likes

The new thread for October is posted here:

8 Likes

Yay, thank you!

1 Like