What's For Dinner #98 - the Pumpkin-Freaking-Everything! Edition - September 2023

We’ve all had days like that. In fact, today was one of them.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Emergency dinner from the freezer.

Red lentil soup, drizzled with chili oil, lemon juice and a dollop of yogurt. Homemade pita.

For dessert: the last of yesterday’s chocolate carrot cake.

23 Likes

Cookbook of the Month nominations are underway if folks are interesting in cooking “together” from a book pop on over.

2 Likes

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Thanks, I like the glass too - it’s a Gabriel-glas StandArt

To drink was a nice white wine - Les Équilibristes Hirsute 2021

5 Likes

Curry udon with chicken for dinner today

21 Likes

Quick solo dinner at Nopa https://www.nopasf.com/ - first time visit and though it was just a relative quick dinner, it was overall a very good first impression with good dishes and a nice seat directly in front of the kitchen

Seat with a view

Warm marinated olives

Fried local anchovies, lemon and green olive aioli - nice anchovies - the batter was good a bit too thick and overwhelmed the dish

Country pork chop, wilted greens, strawberry mostarda, walnuts

Chocolate budino, strawberries, cacoa nibs, earl grey shortbread, white chocolate yogurt

20 Likes

Been awhile, but it’s my favorite way to do a whole chicken. And yours looks delicious

1 Like

Especially the crispy skin!

Meals have been pretty meat-centric lately, so…
Sardines/hummus/tomatoes/cucumbers/pickled red onions/Ryvita sesame crisps/good Greek EVOO and a splash or 2 of green Tabasco.

19 Likes

You linked the Sept COTM - do you mean October?

1 Like

Whoops - yes :joy:

2 Likes

Another night of just mom and me eating — she opted for masala cheese toast again, and I had that plus a masala omelette sandwich.

19 Likes

Tortilla Espanola. Made with leftover French fries and (unnecessary) shrimp. Why is this so good? It has no business being this good.

dinner

21 Likes

That blend sounds my speed.

1 Like

How could it be bad? :smile:

Oh, it can’t! But it also shouldn’t shock me with how good it is. (I may have just been starving.)

4 Likes

Leftover pork and orzo stew, which is always better after a day or three in the fridge. A dash or 2 of hot sauce and a shower of Parmigiano Reggiano.

22 Likes

Yep.

20 Likes

I love split pea soup and have no problem looking at photos of it. I should have told tcamp that before now instead of a +1. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes