What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Crystal salt on the watermelon?

Sale grigio di Bretagna.

1 Like

xxxooo

I don’t understand why anyone would be eye rolling. After all, if someone has been lucky enough to have a refrigerator last for 15 years, why would they know what today’s cost of refrigerators has risen to. To my way of seeing the world, one should just let them know that prices of refrigerators have risen extremely in the past few years and the cost can be expected to be between $ and $. And shame on you for eye rolling for their ignorance of today’s prices.

I don’t think the OP posted their request here for eye rolling. When she said “for more eyeballs” I think she meant that more people would see her request and help out with suggestions.

7 Likes

Thank you. After re-reading it several more times, you are correct, @MunchkinRedux And I do apologize @Sasha.

And @Sasha , my granddaughter had to purchase a refrigerator last mid-year. She paid about $1500. This is in the south USA.

3 Likes

Sasha, I like my Jenn-Air Single Door. I advised my daughter not to get French Doors, she did anyway and I think she doesn’t like them. (Sometimes they don’t close right)

I like the freezer as a pull out bottom drawer.

2 Likes

That’s how I read it. Best of luck to ANYONE having to replace an appliance these days. Too many choices!

3 Likes

I was going to have a Greek salad for dinner but the green pepper destined for my salad perished and the last bit of feta in the fridge didn’t smell right. I decided to have a plate full of random veggies instead.

17 Likes

That first sip of wine after a long and tiring week. AHHH.

We’re about 85% there in our temporary office space, and should have all home office employees back in the temporary office space by the Tuesday after Labor Day (fingers crossed next week doesn’t have any hiccups or delays with data cabling, among other things).

And I get to potentially look forward to another move into permanent space in the same building in about 4-6 months.

Woo. Hoo.

Thankfully I had remembered to pull a Copper River sockeye salmon filet out of the freezer this morning to defrost in the fridge. Baked in the toaster oven at 270° for 20 minutes total, glazing with a combo of char siu sauce and spicy sweet chili sauce in the last 10 minutes.

Leftover Basmati rice and steamed green beans alongside.

Wine. Oh, there WAS wine.

26 Likes

Not seasonal or advertised but so easy and tasty. Thaw some chicken broth. Season with New Mexico chile powder and cumin. Thaw and slice the extra chicken thighs grilled for Taco Tuesday. Cut and crisp tortilla strips. Place tortilla strips and cubed avocado in bowl and add seasoned broth. Top with crumbled queso fresco and cilantro. Add a hearty

squeeze of lime.

27 Likes

Chicken tortilla soup. A meal in itself. It doesn’t get any better than that. One of my favorites.

7 Likes

Jealous

2 Likes

Maple ginger salmon with leeks, tomato pie without the crust, white scallop squash with pecorino and crumbs, garden bits and bobs. Purchased angel food cake with roasted plums for dessert.

25 Likes

Mrs. P made her famous savory and sweet grilled boneless quail breast salad with grilled figs, roasted delicata squash and mini peppers, watermelon, green and red basil, sauteed red onions, arugula, candied pecans, and a bunch of other ingredients, with a balsamic reduction. We topped it off with fresh shaved pecorino romano cheese. We started with homemade guacamole. It went great with an excellent Zinfandel.

24 Likes

I’ve had a somewhat trying week, so tonight’s dinner was a half bagel from the freezer with Sungolds from the porch, sliced red onion and cream cheese. I kind of wish I’d taken a picture, 'cause the Sungolds were the exact same color as the plate. But…somewhat trying week.

18 Likes

I was in a pinch today, and DH ended up cooking the planned dinner: green bean fried rice.

This recipe was selected to use up some garden green beans - he doubled the amount. Some peas which were floating around were added, as well, along with an extra egg. This was very good, and either one of us would make it again.

28 Likes

Gambas al ajillo, tortilla de coliflor with aioli, pan con tomate, fried Padrons and green olives stuffed with capers, wrapped in anchovies and piquillo peppers. A gin & tonic and sangria.
We had thunder and lightening last night, a few minutes of actual rain. Today was overcast, cool and damp. I hope it had some effect on the fires in the area.

27 Likes

Tuna salad on rye with frozen fries and salad

27 Likes

I made another batch of the ramen slaw that was so tasty earlier in the week. Pressure cooked artichokes. Because TGIF, I cracked open a Grocery Outlet impulse buy Yolo County Malbec.

27 Likes