What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Is that tortilla-less?

Neither? Weird angle, I guess :joy:

:crossed_fingers:t2:Just tried a bowl for lunch.

5 Likes

Too bad. (We need a care button, rather than only a like button)

4 Likes

I would definitely toss it! It’s not worth taking a chance of getting sicker.

If y’all never hear back from me, it was either the soup or the COVID. :joy:

4 Likes

My cousin’s son started school yesterday here in LA. Seems very early. School didn’t start until after labor day here when I was a kid. Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth…

4 Likes

You’ll be fine. From both the soup and the covid. My word is my bond.

6 Likes

@ChristinaM Damn. I can’t believe it’s coming back. I wonder if you contracted it from your podiatrist when you went camping him and his family with last week.

Also, does anyone get the feeling that we are 1 big dysfunctional family and that we all get into/know each other’s business? We sometimes get on each other’s nerves, but in the end, we all love each other!

Get well soon. We’re traveling this week, Spring Onion is in camp all week until then. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

If you kept coming back to it, it must’ve been an interesting read! Care to share?

3 Likes

I really need to learn how to make just enough pasta for the two of us vs. an army. Granted, I did want to use up the rest (i.e. about half) of the fusilli col buco package since we’ll be leaving soon, but …. now we have enough pasta leftover for another meal for two. Againnnn. After just having finished the chanterelle pasta leftovers for lunch todayyyy :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

That said, it was mighty tasty – once again making use of bits & bobs from the fridge. Sautéed the rest of the diced bacon in a bit of olive oil, added RPF, half a sliced shallot, some anchovy paste, the roasted shit tomatoes that were no longer shit post-roasting, half of a roasted eggplant or however much was left after scooping out oh so many seeds, splash of open rosé, squeeze of tomato paste, splash o’cream, a few ciliegine that needed to go, and fresh torn basil. Big ole salad with creamy mustard dressing on the side.

18 Likes

We have now moved to the French part of our vacation with a first stop in Colmar. For our first dinner we were lucky enough to get a last reservation at Restaurant Ramloc which is a bit off the tourist part of Colmar and turned out to be really good. Classical French cuisine, relaxed service and just three hours of fun sitting outside and enjoying life.

Salmon with cucumber

24 months old prosciutto di parma with “fixings”

Beef gravlax, crispy rye bread, green omlette raviole with lingonberries

Duck breast with cherries, stuffed onions, pea puree

Green peas in the spotlight - fresh, flan, puree with goat cheese and herbs

Tapilla de porc iberique flavored with chinata, sucrine lettuce, onions and candied tomato pie

Delight apricot, honey, yoghurt, rosemary, crunchy darling, vanilla apricot ice cream

Strawberry-rhubarb tartlets with rhubarb ice cream and lemon balm cream

17 Likes

I never seem to get the amount of pasta right for the two of us either. I always worry I won’t make enough so I end up making too much! And my husband isn’t big on leftovers… :spaghetti: :spaghetti: :spaghetti:

2 Likes

@LindaWhit, was trying to type this under the picture of Murphy with his behind sitting on one step and his front legs resting on the next step down. It was hilarious!

Nah, we were outside and kept distance the whole trip. Our theory is my husband caught it at the gym and spread the love back home. He tested positive before me.

1 Like

Because I was worried that 1 lb of angel hair wouldn’t be enough for four adults and three kids, I made two…sigh.

18 Likes

Exactly!

This is how spaghetti tacos were invented.

4 Likes

We do spaghetti pie with our left over pasta. Which we always have. :laughing:

5 Likes

thank you! and yes, the BF and I are fellow Leos. happy upcoming bday to you two!

1 Like