What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

We have been using Stone Fire for the past few years.
We split one for lunch with some salad or 2 for dinner.
Add our toppings of choice. Into the toaster oven on the rack for maybe 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Very consistent and we like the crunchy crust.

16 Likes

Thanks - others here have mentioned that. I’ll have to keep my eye out for it - can’t recall seeing it for sale where I am.

1 Like

We shop north of Boston and Stone Fire is an end cap display, naan, big and small flat breads. Often near the pita bread displays. And we have seen them in Targets. In the bread section if I remember correctly.

4 Likes

Yes, they are the best of any pre-made store-bought crust I’ve had. I usually brush with olive oil, bake for five minutes to crisp, then add everything and bake again. Always great.

5 Likes

I feel like I have not posted in forever, though I have been seeing your amazing meals every day.

Tonight was Chicken Katsu Curry dusted with Furikake (saw that on @BeefeaterRocks’s Katsu the other day and thought it was a great idea). I made the chicken (air-fried tonight) and rice. BF did the curry sauce.

There was most certainly a martini.

24 Likes

I did find this a tiny bit funny in light of this

2 Likes

What are the chunks in the curry sauce?

1 Like

That katsu though :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

More nachos plus a cabbage-carrot slaw alongside

19 Likes

Potato and carrot.

1 Like

Gotcha. I’m familiar with katsu, but not so much with Japanese curry, although I hear a lot of folks loving on a commercially available product. It’s an interesting concept to me, carrots in curry (potatoes less so, but I also don’t associate them with Japanese food - shows how much I know!).

Very good Greek food at a newish place in Berlin. The meze outshone the meatz, half of which we took home bc portions are out of control it seems :open_mouth:

Started off with a very good, not too sweet Hugo & Athenian vermouth with tonic, both very refreshing.

The meze was a generous portion of tzatziki, spanakopita, taramasalata, kolokithokefte, loukanino, fava, patzaria me skordalia, spanakokefte, kefte. My tzatziki is better, but the fava & the skordalia were the best I’d ever eaten. Everything else was also quite flavorful.

We made the stupid mistake to order a meat platter “for one” (I see a theme here) – stupid bc I was pretty much full after the mezedes, and also bc we’ve had better meats, which may not be their forte.

The pork souvlaki was a bit overdone & not as flavorful as mine, the lamb loin was also slightly overdone, though the chop was perfectly cooked, and the bifteki was def the most interesting. I’m more and more in the ground meat camp than chonks. There was also more of that scrumptious loukanino I had none of bc I simply couldn’t eat another bite. Once again, no room for one of our favorite Greek desserts, loukoumades. SAD.

Meat Mountain leftovers will constitute part of our dinner at home (!!!) tonight, plus choriatiki I’ll make, and kopanisti & tzatziki we bought at the farmers market earlier.

17 Likes

I just did a search for my local area north of Boston - available at MB, Target, Stop & Shop and Shaws, Walmart and Hannaford. So you should be able to find it near you!

3 Likes

Crystal salt on the watermelon?

Sale grigio di Bretagna.

1 Like

xxxooo

I don’t understand why anyone would be eye rolling. After all, if someone has been lucky enough to have a refrigerator last for 15 years, why would they know what today’s cost of refrigerators has risen to. To my way of seeing the world, one should just let them know that prices of refrigerators have risen extremely in the past few years and the cost can be expected to be between $ and $. And shame on you for eye rolling for their ignorance of today’s prices.

I don’t think the OP posted their request here for eye rolling. When she said “for more eyeballs” I think she meant that more people would see her request and help out with suggestions.

7 Likes

Thank you. After re-reading it several more times, you are correct, @MunchkinRedux And I do apologize @Sasha.

And @Sasha , my granddaughter had to purchase a refrigerator last mid-year. She paid about $1500. This is in the south USA.

3 Likes

Sasha, I like my Jenn-Air Single Door. I advised my daughter not to get French Doors, she did anyway and I think she doesn’t like them. (Sometimes they don’t close right)

I like the freezer as a pull out bottom drawer.

2 Likes