What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Active choice on my part, not the site doing it — I was trying to be sensitive to any vegetarians reading (click to unblur)

7 Likes

Assuming you mean the plate with biryani and a steel bowl? At 2 is papad (this one was made from sorghum / jowar) — should be fried for optimal texture, but is 85% as good just microwaved.

The bowl at 12 has plain yogurt (we often set it in individual bowls - the kid in me likes breaking into the cream top), and the tiny steel bowl at 10 has onions marinated in salt, chilli, coriander, and cumin.

1 Like

Yes, thank you!

1 Like

Odd dinner combination tonight, due to lack of creativity on my part and some ingredient shortage.

Plan was was cauliflower cheese. However despite ordering THREE heads of cauliflower, I had barely enough for 2 dimmer portions (less than 1 if my nephew was eating :joy:).

So I cooked the pork chops planned for tomorrow as well - Sichuan style, with the peppercorns, doubanjiang, cumin, and various other things. The pork took longer than I expected to tenderize, and half way through I realized I had left the toasted and crushed peppercorns, cumin, and star anise out by mistake, so they went in then… but all ended well as it was pretty delicious.

Odd bedfellows, but we were pretty happy anyway.

20 Likes

Those tartes :heart_eyes:

WFD folks, Cookbook of the Month nominations are underway for September:

You need to go hiking more often.

Ribeye on a bed of greens.

#BecauseHealth

16 Likes

Last night’s dinner was a “throw together” dinner. Shake & Bake Pork chops, Knorr rice side and green beans (apple sauce on the side).

16 Likes

No muss, no fuss, paper plate, coke straight outta the can like a gangsta. Banquet burger and onion rings with a blob of catsup, from a favorite local burger joint just down the street.

20 Likes

Is there any other way to drink Coke?

1 Like

nope

I not so secretly enjoy those :joy:

2 Likes

Ice ice, baby

I made ATK’s cast iron pan pizza and overall enjoyed it, although I think the sauce for this American-style pie needs tomato paste. I reduced the oil in the pan by 1 Tbsp and it was fine. I also used regular AP flour and an assortment of cheeses b/c quarantine.

Broccoli and veggies with dip on the side. I will never microwave broccoli again; it’s just spongy, exploded, and not good. Steamed is far superior.

22 Likes

I once worked with a gal who only drank ice cold Coca-Cola in a glass bottle. She said Coke in a can couldn’t begin to compare with the glass bottle. I’m not much of a soda drinker so I took her word for it.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Buffalo chicken with two of the teeniest thighs I’ve ever seen. Blue cheese slaw.

25 Likes

Delivery pizza - quattro formaggio with added roasted mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Really, really good!

20 Likes

Totally appreciate that gesture.

3 Likes

Nice combo🤤

1 Like