What's For Dinner #96 - the Which Marketing Commercial Month Is It? Edition - August 2023

Dinner was a simple, quick stew I threw together. It’s bacon, frankfurters, Charlotte potatoes, broad beans and peas as well as flavourings in a ham stock served with ciabatta. Very porky and very tasty. My partner has asked for a big batch as a lunch for the week.

18 Likes

Haha. OK. Maybe if it were beef jerky/salted beef, I could agree with you.

1 Like

I’m not totally sure about dinner tonight as it is still under discussion but highly likely it will involve some of the haul we got at the Santa Monica farmers market. Artichokes (Lyon artichokes per the grower - some of the best I’ve ever had) were already eaten for lunch.

21 Likes

I must say, I was shocked by the flooding. One hears of floodng everywhere, Germany, Slovenia, western Switzerland, but also in the area I grew up in !! At least your house wasn’t affected. We’ll be comng to the Boston area in September. Hope it’s calmed down by then.

4 Likes

Treated myself to a ribeye steak dinner tonight, served with green beans/roasted potatoes/grilled corn peppers and red onions.

26 Likes

Soba with leftover steak and sugar snap peas.

Deets over on July COTM, RecipeTin Eats.

24 Likes

Your udon is disguised as soba!

It was but now fixed. Thanks!!

Who would’ve thunk beef and peaches (or nectarines) could be so controversial

3 Likes

Oh, good. I don’t need to adjust my monitor.

1 Like

The pasta looks great. How’d you do it?

I always enjoyed your BB’s posts/pics. What’s up next. House of Chong maybe? My all time favorite.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Wow, HOC! I haven’t been there since before Covid either!

1 Like

No. Stress headache all day yesterday. And nothing to eat or drink all day during cleanup (forgot to bring water, and too many things to do to find time to eat), so I ate some leftovers of pork chop with mango salsa and sauteed veg and drank a LOT of water when I got home.

And I get to do it again tomorrow…along with my regular work like payroll. But I’ll bring water this time. :wink:

14 Likes

6.5 inches of rain in probably 4 hours or so. The water had nowhere to go in our oversaturated ground. There’s a pond behind our building, and a stream that diverts the usual flow under the buildings. Just couldn’t handle the multiple and lengthy downpours. And more rain expected Thursday night, but it might be more south of Boston towards the Cape vs. up by me.

5 Likes

Peach jam glazed jerky, sounds almost as good maple bacon candy!

Jerk chicken wings cooked in the air fryer, and potato salad.

20 Likes

Organic chicken was on sale at Farm Boy today, so we had a quick lemon oregano roast chicken with rice. Baked at 400 for an hour. I corrected my eggplant and tomatoes from last night by adding mozzarella. My last favas of this year, with peas and beans from the garden. I turned some berries, nectarines and cherries into a Rote Grütze which we had with purchased angel food cake.

18 Likes

Italian bean salad. Haricots verts, cannellini, cherry tomatoes, red onion with a oo&v dressing and topped with salami, cheese and basil. Campari orange-ish.

24 Likes

Pizza and broccoli out. Good – and cheap.

6 Likes