What's For Dinner #95 - the Hot Fun in the Summertime Edition - July 2023

That’s great news! Even though I am sure you want to jump back into your usual routine make sure you don’t overdo it.

2 Likes

I like Bombay Sapphire gin and Fever Tree tonic or Fevertree Elderflower tonic. My grocery stores are now sometimes out of stock on the Elderflower, so I try to stock up when they have it.

2 Likes

Question… I have some food pics from my recent trip to Montreal , should I post here or start a “Quebec trip report”? I don’t want to deprive my adoring fans of any of my adventures. :smiley:

2 Likes

If you do a trip report, other folks searching for Montreal recs will be able to benefit from it.

3 Likes

I’ll post on both boards so nobody misses out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hot town, summer in the city Montreal edition.
First dinner was at Foxy. Their specialty is cooking pretty much everything in the wood fire oven so everything is touched by fire.
sorry about the vague descriptions, I should really write things down, but I’m too lazy :slight_smile:

Started with a delicious Negroni- so refresh
" 3 layers dip" brandade/herbs/homemade pita
“Nordic shrimp” baby shrimp just barley cooked in the oven/cucumber/dill/lemon So light and refreshing.
A glass of delicious orange wine from Lisbon.
Crispy, crispy skin arctic char/new potatoes/sorrel sauce. Perfectly cooked and the crispiest skin ever.
Dessert was chocolate/zucchini layer cake with brown butter and salted caramel

18 Likes

I’d do the in-
depth report on the Quebec regional board and add a link to it here. Or link to your specific dinners that are posted here in your trip report.

1 Like

too late

Link the Foxy post to your trip report, if you make one.

I’ll try that next time, thanks :slight_smile:

You can edit for an hour :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t tell me how to live my life! :smiley:

3 Likes

He is beautiful! Great coloring…I like Elbie too (if its a vote).

1 Like

You know what I’m like!

1 Like

First tomatoes of the season for us, it has been so rainy in NE, we weren’t sure we would ever see any. The only upside was the lettuce season was extended.
BLTs on the menu tonight, bacon done in the toaster oven, not as crispy as it looks, but on the crispy side.

Kitchen reno has started, here is our set up, with 2 grills outdoors and 1 hot pot for coffee/tea making.

22 Likes

Shaved ice with condensed sweet milk, adzuki beans, mochi, flan, lychees, and almond tofu.

The most delicious and bestest dinner on a hot July summer.

16 Likes

Shrimp and potato stewed with mint, cilantro, tamarind, and chiles. We also had basmati rice and roasted green beans. Some leftovers for tomorrow too, although I may add a dish to round things out.

23 Likes

Please join us in nominating the August COTM here:

2 Likes

Made some Mussels in a white wine sauce with extra dipping bread of course. And some Spicy Corn Ribs to go with it.

Also made some garlic confit for a dinner party this week, but I made enough for every other night this week as well hahah.

24 Likes

Decadent lamb mixed grill: loin chop plus merguez, from posh butcher. Also roasted tomatoes, oil-roasted new potatoes and green beans. So good!!

22 Likes