What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

Happy Birthday!!! I look forward to “sharing” the wonderful birthday meals I’m sure you’ll be having.

2 Likes

Awww, thank you! A high compliment!

1 Like

Happy early birthday! Started off the extended celebration with a bang-up meal!

1 Like

Thank you @LindaWhit @MsBean @retrospek and @Lambchop for the birthday wishes :blush:

2 Likes

Someone mentioned “Fritos” in another thread and it was Sunshine’s “Cheat” day for her diet. So last night, I made up a BIG “Frito Pie”. I did freeze the leftovers. I don’t know how it will taste when I re-heat it, but I imagine it will still be edible.

16 Likes

I want to faceplant.

2 Likes

The finished carnitas with all the fixins. Our friend brought over a lovely asparagus soup for starters. Maybe not the most congruent of food combos, but tasty nonetheless. Followed by lotsa wine in the party room & another late night guest :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Parker hates the slinky, so we keep it around for those occasions he gets onto surfaces where he shouldn’t be (like BF’s home office desk and computer). In this picture, it is sitting on top of a jar of catnip.

5 Likes

At first I thought this was one of those “we enjoyed yet another fine meal at…” postings.
Lovely!

1 Like

Many happy returns and many happy exquiste meals!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Happy early birthday! Yours is the day after my kiddo’s 6th :grin:

2 Likes

Notice how the eyes follow you around the room.

12 Likes

Thank you, and happy 6th birthday to your kiddo!
I think that @LindaWhit has a birthday around this time of year as well. If so, happy early birthday Linda :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Really fantastic ribs from a new-to-me local bbq spot. Decent green beans and coleslaw.

Lots more ribs in my future!

12 Likes

Don’t you DARE make me 65yo before my time, Eli! :wink: (j/k)

I can start my required Medicare A enrollment on July 1st, and have until Dec. 31st to finish it. Medicare B can wait, as I’m still working and covered by my employer’s insurance plan.

6 Likes

Do tell? I still have to try out Bobby and Jack’s Memphis BBQ in my town as well as Hubba’s Real Pit BBQ in Westford.

1 Like

Damariscotta, Maine

So many things I miss about the greater Boston area. So many awesome things in mid-coast Maine…

6 Likes

Oh, I was distracted by the other parts.

Chicken: My eyes are DOWN HERE.

2 Likes

Ok, outta my area. LOL. I still had it in my brain you were near me.

2 Likes