What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

Quesadilla with diced chicken, poblano, mushrooms, chipotle, cumin

14 Likes

We’re in the Midwest visiting family. FIL made his famous prime rib. I’m ready for vegetables.

22 Likes

Dinner out at the gay bar. My PIC and I split an amazing and YUUGE soft shell crab sammie on a brioche roll with pickled pepper relish and Old Bay mayo (which thankfully was very subdued as I despise Old Bay), as well as blackened salmon sliders with arugula and lemon dill aioli.

18 Likes

Well - the peas are kinda green :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A use-it-up dinner: baby lettuce, baby spinach, radishes, and a cuke were on their way out, so I used what I could.

Added some quartered Backyard Farms cocktail tomatoes, shredded carrots, crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts, and peppered shrimp. Vinaigrette drizzled on after picture.

My first V&L of the season pre-dinner, and a small glass of wine with.

26 Likes

Pan-roasted swordfish with frizzled capers in brown butter with lemon, salad of baby red oak lettuce, avocado and radish.

23 Likes

Want :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pasta night.

14 Likes

Late afternoon beers at a new local brewery. Best pilsner I’ve had brewed outside of Germany.

Brats and pasta salad with red onion, chopped grilled olives, red peppers, celery, and banana peppers. Löwensenf extrascharf, but I wish it had been spicier.

17 Likes

Pepin’s Maman’s souffle with kale, bacon, and cheddar. Potato-onion kugel. We’ll be eating kugel for days (a good thing).

22 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at The Farmer’s Daughter in Newton, NJ including beet tartare, spring vegetable stir fry with a garlic honey sauce; soft shell crab with a spicy mango salsa; homemade chips with caviar and sour cream. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Syrah.

12 Likes

Seared and roasted beef & chorizo patty with aji amarillo sauce, roasted baby golds, asparagus with sauce gribiche. Mixed greens salad, pickled carrots, red bell, red onion, green olives, Manchego cheese, sherry vinegar & oo dressing.

19 Likes

Put the front shoulder of the goat on the pellet smoker . Amazing. Hard shell tacos. Beans . Bag salad. Cheers . Have a fabulous weekend.

24 Likes

Beautiful meal!

1 Like

That looks incredible!

Having a great weekend. Good freind spending the weekend. More goat on the smoker . Picked up some Porcini and Morels at the McCloud mushroom festival. Will be served tonight also . Its a gorgeous day today. Cheers.

23 Likes

Fish tacos with leftover swordfish and fixings. Spicy slaw that ended up inside the tacos which needed a bit more oomph.

20 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was egg rolls then spring roll noodle bowl.

18 Likes

Tunnbrödsrulle, a loaded Swedish hot dog served on flatbread, was dinner tonight and kicked off our grilling season! I wrote up the finer details of its construction (and background) on the Hot Dogs thread. The layers you are seeing are mashed potato, fried onion, and shrimp salad. Mother of insert-deity-of-your-choice is this good!
Adapted from - https://lostinapot.com/tunnbrodsrulle-swedish-street-food/

19 Likes

My sister and BIL came up today to finish the half bath with the vanity installation. Let’s just say it didn’t get done without issues and multiple strong arguments. :woman_shrugging:

But it’s done, but for some painting to be retouched and hanging the towel rack, TP holder, and pictures.

Nothing planned for dinner, but I had picked up some on-sale BISO chickie boobies yesterday, so one monstrous breast was roasted in the oven with s/p and Herbs de Provence. The temps rose to 88° today, so the A/C was also turned on midday and took the edge off of heating up the kitchen.

Near East rice pilaf and steamed snd buttered green beans with toasted almonds alongside.

Ohhh, there WAS wine! :wink:

20 Likes