What's For Dinner #93 - the Grow Grow Grow Your Garden Edition - May 2023

A day on the road after breakfast at my local waffle house diner.: Brioche bread french toast, bacon, freshly squozen OJ, and cawfee. Diner cawfee. :heart:

Nothing purchased, but a beautiful day for meandering around southern NH and chatting with antique dealers.

Dinner was my usual Friday night steak tip with Ballymaloe steak sauce (which looked rather unappetizing after plating, so I included a close-up of a slice), a half of a large baked tater with TPSTOB&SC, and roasted Brussels sprouts with a mango-balsamic glaze drizzled over top.

Wine. Day 1 of 6 days off done.

24 Likes

(post deleted by author)

Inspired by @honkman’s previous post, dinner was kiymali ispanak with lamb, spinach and kale. While the pot bubbled with the rice, I made a quick yogurt naan to go with it.

19 Likes

I made Spring Puttanesca pasta for dinner. I used square spaghetti and asparagus instead of the linguine and arugula. Little Gem and radicciho salad with radishes, red onion, parm, oo&&v dressing, garlic toast.

.https://www.foodandwine.com/spring-puttanesca-pasta-7483415

17 Likes

Continuing with small plates… BF made a pan-seared, lemon/thyme chicken breast which we split, a small roasted potato each, sauteed spinach, and a side of Rancho Gordo vaquero beans simmered in my massa de pimentao - so many uses! and tomatoes too… happy Friday, y’all! there will be cocktails later and they sure AF won’t be small. :smiley:

18 Likes

WFD last night was nothing, after I fell asleep jet lagged and exhausted (but also stuffed from a wandering lunch in Flushing Chinatown).

Tonight I ate some lunch leftovers of my first try at Pad See Ew (using fresh ho fun from said Chinatown trip), then got around to cooking my planned dinner of Bengali-ish mustard salmon (which in its current incarnation is sharp mustard mixed with green chilli mustard pickle plus mustard oil, slathered over salmon which is then slow-roasted, and then finished with lemon juice) which I ate with rice+quinoa and garlic spinach (both leftover from the other night).

22 Likes

“Shrimp Mark’s Way” and the rice formally known as Uncle Ben’s.

23 Likes

And some tiny lamb chops I rescued from the freezer for me :grin:.

21 Likes

Quesadilla with diced chicken, poblano, mushrooms, chipotle, cumin

14 Likes

We’re in the Midwest visiting family. FIL made his famous prime rib. I’m ready for vegetables.

22 Likes

Dinner out at the gay bar. My PIC and I split an amazing and YUUGE soft shell crab sammie on a brioche roll with pickled pepper relish and Old Bay mayo (which thankfully was very subdued as I despise Old Bay), as well as blackened salmon sliders with arugula and lemon dill aioli.

18 Likes

Well - the peas are kinda green :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A use-it-up dinner: baby lettuce, baby spinach, radishes, and a cuke were on their way out, so I used what I could.

Added some quartered Backyard Farms cocktail tomatoes, shredded carrots, crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts, and peppered shrimp. Vinaigrette drizzled on after picture.

My first V&L of the season pre-dinner, and a small glass of wine with.

26 Likes

Pan-roasted swordfish with frizzled capers in brown butter with lemon, salad of baby red oak lettuce, avocado and radish.

23 Likes

Want :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Pasta night.

14 Likes

Late afternoon beers at a new local brewery. Best pilsner I’ve had brewed outside of Germany.

Brats and pasta salad with red onion, chopped grilled olives, red peppers, celery, and banana peppers. Löwensenf extrascharf, but I wish it had been spicier.

17 Likes

Pepin’s Maman’s souffle with kale, bacon, and cheddar. Potato-onion kugel. We’ll be eating kugel for days (a good thing).

22 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at The Farmer’s Daughter in Newton, NJ including beet tartare, spring vegetable stir fry with a garlic honey sauce; soft shell crab with a spicy mango salsa; homemade chips with caviar and sour cream. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Syrah.

12 Likes

Seared and roasted beef & chorizo patty with aji amarillo sauce, roasted baby golds, asparagus with sauce gribiche. Mixed greens salad, pickled carrots, red bell, red onion, green olives, Manchego cheese, sherry vinegar & oo dressing.

19 Likes