What's for Dinner #92 - the Fool Me Once Edition - April 2023

Leftover lasagna from my friend’s delivery. Not my favorite but it worked.

4 Likes

Chicken-zucchini meatballs with scallion and nutmeg. Orzo with baby peas, fresh spinach and shallots.

Anything green on the plate from the garden.

21 Likes

Now that is a perfect example of a great spring soup! Looks fab!

4 Likes

Shrimp creole following this recipe:

https://www.gumbopages.com/food/shr-creole.html

I made half a recipe, which was already quite large - ended up with 8 servings.

And a Vieux Carré

23 Likes

The fishmonger had Norwegian salmon, steelhead trout, and Arctic char, with the char being the cheapest – so we went with that. Nice filet just under a pound, brushed with olive oil and lemon pepper & grilled. Grilled zukes with feta, sumac, marjoram, fresh parsley on the side. Summer on a plate. A little buggy outside for this early in the year, so fire plans were postponed.

HH margz to start le weekend :cocktail:

20 Likes

Repeat of Momo night.

The remaining half bags of the frozen dumplings:
Vegetable + paneer
Chicken
Desi chicken (still my favorite for tasting like a kabab in dumpling skin)

Change tonight was that I remembered to pan-fry some of them: I cooked the Desi chicken ones with dumpling “skirts” / “lace” ie a frilly crunchy layer. Very nice.

I’m serving mom one more dumpling each time (I started at half her usual), and each time zero are left, so she is back to her normal appetite (for dumplings at least :joy:)

23 Likes

Beautiful skirt - masterful! :+1:t2:

3 Likes

SCARBOROUGH…LIVE SEAFOOD AT AMAZING SPECIAL PRICE!!

Taking advantage of a number of amazingly priced daily ‘house’ seafood special at Scarborough’s ’ Yours Food Mart ’ and ’ Bestco Supermarket '.
I decided to augment and kick-up tonight’s home-made Japanese Chirashi dinner ( fish & seafood sashimi from Cho-San, Markham ) with some ’ Mirugai ( Geoduck Clams ) Sashimi ’ and BC Dungeness Crabs, prepared Chiu-Chow Cold Crab Style!
…Oh! The price? LIVE Mirugai at $19.99 a pound! LIVE Dungeness Crab at $ 8.88 a pound!..Unreal!!

13 Likes

Haircut Day means Wegmans’ scallops. :heart:

A buttery lemon, garlic and white wine sauce with minced fresh parsley and s/p added at the end.

On Basmati rice with steamed asparagus alongside.

Wine.

23 Likes

Collards, Italian sausage, mashed potatoes. Easy and tasty.

20 Likes

@LindaWhit It looks like two of us got a haircut today! I didn’t have scallops for dinner but I had a salmon fillet en papillote with snow peas and cherry tomatoes. At least we both had something from the sea?

23 Likes

Fried salmon-and-scallion patties with a Meyer lemon sauce. Romaine with homemade Caesar dressing.

The salmon was tinned Alaskan sockeye (I’m using up pantry surplus). Scallions from the garden.

19 Likes

I have two more weeks of crutches ahead (and then probably a boot), so we’re sticking with easy. I heated up some Aldi white wine-braised black pepper chicken thighs with mushrooms, and served that chopped up over TJ’s trofie pasta. The sauce was oddly sweet but it worked OK. Better with Parm Regg and some half and half stirred in (how I served the kiddo).

Caesar (not technically) alongside.

18 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at James on Main in Hackettstown, NJ, including an awesome bison ribeye; wood fired wild shrimp; pan fried oysters with habanero jam; steamed shrimp dumplings with tempura watercress and yellow curry; duck leg confit; truffled fries; chocolate cake with candied walnuts. It all went great with a couple of excellent cabernets.

12 Likes

I am in awe of your frequent gourmet postings.

3 Likes

Sunshine was asking for a repeat of the Chic Pea, Chicken and Spinach dish I made last week. This time, instead of chicken I used some lean boneless pork and instead of serving it over rice, I served it over mashed potatoes. It was quite filling and yummy!!

15 Likes

General Tso’s Chicken Pizzas. Don’t judge.

22 Likes

I can’t help myself.

tenor-144331694

11 Likes

And it was a 10 out of 10.

1 Like

Love the card