What's for Dinner #9, 5/2016 - the "Don't Cast a Clout" edition

Presunto, the wrapping is different here in the States, but the crystals in the cheese seems to make it the same one. Trader Joe’s rewraps into their own labeling. And at Whole Foods, they call it “Seaside Cheddar”. Both pics below.

2 Likes

Big ole hunk of grizzle, fat and some meat slathered in a bath of A-1. Not sure if those were grill marks or where the jockey was whipping it. (name that movie)

2 Likes

Funny stuff Jakie

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to be stupid. I kept hoping someone else would ask this question. What’s a “clout”???

Upcoming…tortilla, leaf salad.

2 Likes

Your google not working today?

https://www.google.de/search?q=clout&oq=clout&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0l2j69i60l2.1088j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Chicken & salad, Berlin edition. While it looks great, the flavors were muted and not nearly as awesome as last year. Could be my lagging buds, who knows.

Onward and upward :grin:

4 Likes

What’s google?

1 Like

I find it hard to believe the flavors were muted, I want to lick my screen just looking at that.

1 Like

Oh, I know the word. Just wondered if he’d meant to write “cloud.”

“deleted”

“deleted”

deleted.

Golly, gee, sure are a lot of deletions on this “clouty” day :slight_smile:

In your original reply you had inquired what “clout” meant. Now you say you know the word.

I guess you didn’t articulate yourself very well.

1 Like

She-god in heaven! What’s the big deal? I honestly figured someone else would ask. Then I figured it was a typo (which we all make). But the titles don’t always make sense. Out.

Closest I’ve come to eating horse was putting a pack of cooked horsemeat, from the sandwich meat shelf, in my supermarket basket, one trip to Belgium.

Have eaten donkey ragu with pasta in northern Italy. TripAdvisor wouldnt let me post my restaurant review as I’d used a profanity. Read it several times before realising that an American website might take exception to me using the word “ass” instead of “donkey”. Yep, that was the issue. Funny old thing language, isnt it? If ever you’re in Bardolino, try it at Al Commercio.

Maybe it needed more time in the marinade? Next time better then.

OK, everybody chill out.

4 Likes

Fresh food fast today. Tomorrow is Ascension and it’s a national day off. Maybe if the weather is as good as they say it will be my first BBQ this year (after I return from the pub and still feel like it).

My partner wanted cream in his half so we split it.

3 Likes

WFD: A. Chicken with Cashews and Chilies from Quick & Easy Thai: peanut oil; boneless chicken thighs in bite size pieces; onion wedges; fish sauce; soy sauce; dry chilies d’Arbol or Thai bird; a pinch of sugar; roasted salted cashews. Chopped cilantro to garnish each serving.

B. Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon Butter from The Best of Gourmet 1993: sugar snap peas; S & P; butter ghee); lemon zest. Blanch the peas, melt the ghee, drain and throw in the peas, add the zest, heat. Serve. “How easy is that?”

C. Simple steamed small potatoes,
seasoned w S & P, to be served with the Chicken and Cashews to absorb all the luscious juices.

To Be Soaked Overnight:
1 cup dry Jacob’s Cattle Beans w 1 t sea salt.
Brining the beans! Water to cover beans by 2-3". Yes, I still do that. It saves time for us. In the AM the drained beans with fresh water and seasonings (bay leaves, 1 chpd tomato, peppercorns, 1/2 peeled carrot lg chpd, 3 smashed garlic cloves, chpd 1/2 onion) will be put into the slow cooker to simmer on Low till they’re needed in the PM.

5 Likes