What's For Dinner #89 - the Dawn of a New Year Edition - January 2023

Your dogs and my girlfriend. She hates the sound of my pressure cooker’s jiggler weight, as it pssst… pssst… pssst… through the cooking process. She holes up in the back bedroom with the door shut, until I utter the words “Sunshine… dinner is ready!!”

By the way… cute dogs, they put a smile on my face this evening.

5 Likes

You seem like such a considerate companion to your girlfriend. I’m not a risk-taker by nature and so my life is expanded by the guy I married lol! Our dogs can make me smile and make me curse all in the same moment…a very demanding breed. That means when they’re spooked by their triggers, I have 120 lbs. of quivering Australian Shepherds all over me.

6 Likes

Thank you!

I’ve done the bagel seasoning on other strips. Usually i let a filet stand on its own but was craving the flavor.

2 Likes

Looks good.

I just put some of that on a crostini last night.

14 Likes

Tell me more?

Deets here. Can’t for the life of me remember where I got it, but I’ve made it dozens of times - thighs or breasts work great.

4 Likes

Smoked pork chop from the new-ish butcher, will be a repeat, roasted veg.

21 Likes

Giant portobello mushroom “burger” with roasted onions and Gorgonzola, mustard and horseradish sauce, and roasted green beans (and more onion). Mushrooms were marinated in Maggi seasoning, Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb mix, and a little oil before roasting at 400F for about 20 minutes.

28 Likes

Italian style pork and eggplant Parmesan. Salad and garlic bread. Note to self: Clean up the outside of your everyday Corning Ware dish. People will zoom in.

28 Likes

Those corning ware casserole dishes are so handy - we have five of them with lids and use them constantly. Your meal looks delicious.

6 Likes

Lamb chops and broccoli.

I bought these shoulder chops at Lidl, something I never do (all my meat comes from a farm or a butcher.) wouldn’t make a habit of it, but they were ok.

22 Likes

Love smoked pork chops!

2 Likes

Pasta with tomatoes roasted in olive oil. Salad greens in vinaigrette.

20 Likes

As an afterthought, I ate a smaller portion than usual for dinner in anticipation of a hot buttered English muffin with peanut butter and grape jelly., Then I hopped on the scale. That went out the window.

3 Likes

The scale, or the PBJ?

12 Likes

Bbq brisket panino

19 Likes

Yeah, according to some ‘expert’ out there, my Corning Ware is worth a fortune!:dizzy_face:

I didn’t have my peanut butter & jelly English muffin. Funny. I suppose you could just see my scale sailing out the window.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’ve seen breathtaking prices on vintage corning ware. I’ve instructed DH to be very careful with it!!

1 Like

It was cold and nasty, with snow predicted, so soup was on the menu. Not that I don’t make a pot of soup once a week any way but the weather pushed me to try something new. The New York Times had a Yotam Ottolenghi recipe in the Sunday Magazine which seemed perfect. Lamb Meatball and Semolina Dumpling Soup with Collard Greens. So many of my favorite things. Instead of stuffing the semolina dumplings with lamb (ie kubbeh), the lamb and dumplings were separate and simmered together in a tomatoey-lemonty broth. Not as much work but with all the flavor.

28 Likes