What's For Dinner #88 - The Mad Rush Edition - December 2022

that is such a shame! sorry to hear…

1 Like

Dinner was inspired by Nik Sharma’s roasted lentils, paneer, cauliflower:

But with zillion tweaks and changes: boiled the lentils with chaat masala and garam masala; tofu not paneer; went fully into chaat territory with all the toppings and chutneys and whisked yogurt. The end result is delicious and winter-friendly because of the oven roasting.

20 Likes

Had a plan . Get rid of the snow as needed . Wine . Chicken cacciatore. Topped with fried chicken skin Cheers .

![PXL_20221202_005312420|525x700](upload://9H2csR0agfhbdW4TGEP7H6Awuxt.jpe

22 Likes

Looks great where are you near Shasta ?

Close enough to see the mountain 2 miles away . South old stage rd .

2 Likes

Enjoy the snow so relaxing and cozy

It’s really a pain in the @@@@

2 Likes

Well worth it.

Yep . You look at what you have done and say good job .
Now it’s time to eat and have some wine.

2 Likes

IMG_5311.jpg.4c25972af355b17a5a0f48a4103fefb5.jpg
Three kinds of oysters from Aquabest, Widow something and Pink something and probably Sweet Petite’s, 'cause I always get those. And Maine uni. I tried a new uni-opening method, and it worked like gangbusters.

IMG_5312.jpg.ecb4878d8d5ae7681cb3b135ba1747e4.jpg
Look at this handsome devil! (He’s a scorpion fish.) Not much meat on him, but what there was, was cherce.

IMG_5314.jpg.cc258b7eafa1888dddc0ba2c4102c959.jpg
Spinach and feta, as per my roommate’s request, and why not.

18 Likes

Drinks and an app or two with coworkers at a bar, and then back home for dinner. BF made himself breakfast for dinner while I made a NY Strip with garlic butter, fries, and broccoli (he will not eat steak). Normally I would air-fry the fries, but not tonight.

Bombay Martini at the bar. Bombay G & T at home.

22 Likes

Pasta with chicken breast, napa cabbage, mushrooms, peas, garlic, ginger, chili and sauce made from soy sauce and lime juice

15 Likes

We had,a staff luncheon at a restaurant near the office today so I had a light dinner. I had chicken wings in black bean sauce and arugula salad with cherry tomatoes.

17 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Sandwich with Swiss cheese, chicken, and ham on potato bread. And a beer.

20 Likes

Deplaned SFO at 6:30 am. Woke up at 3pm to an empty fridge. Slapped together a homey rainy day dinner.

Chicken Chinese herb soup.

Lap Yuk (cured pork belly) steamed on rice.

Pork spareribs with black beans.

Ain’t too purty, but satisfying with a few neat JW Blacks and glasses of cheap bag in box red wine. Good to be home.

20 Likes

My stir-fry got lost in the wrong month :grimacing:

Stir-fried rice to use up leftovers: turkey, peppers, peas, rice, bok choy, lotsa garlic, onions, ginger, scallion. I kept adding sambal oelek & finally a splash of habanero sriracha bc I really wanted some heat tonight. Still coulda used more :wink:

17 Likes

Spaghetti with roasted vegetables, basil, and pecorino

23 Likes

Stir-fried rice to use up leftovers: turkey, peppers, peas, rice, bok choy, lotsa garlic, onions, ginger, scallion. I kept adding sambal oelek & finally a splash of habanero sriracha bc I really wanted some heat tonight. Still coulda used more :wink:

10 Likes

And I just moved both your and @Amandarama 's #87 posts over here. Oops! Oh well, double the tasty meals for both of you!

3 Likes