What's For Dinner #86 - the Apples, & Cider, & DONUTS, Oh MY! Edition - October 2022

Mrs. P made a delicious sweet corn and scallion pappardelle from a recipe that we found in last Sunday’s Daily News. The recipe called for bucatini but we didn’t have any so substituted pappardelle which soaked up the sweet and creamy corn sauce. She also doubled the corn, butter, and scallions. There is enough for 3 dinners.

corn pasta.pdf (410.8 KB)

21 Likes

I absolutely adore pappardelle. Just saying it makes me happy – but eating them makes me even happier. Looks lovely!

3 Likes

More shrimp and corn chowder, over shells. Added some smoked paprika and thyme, too.

19 Likes

Ooh.

2 Likes

A repeat of the lemony seafood chowder. When I find a new recipe I like, I like to make a few times just to make sure I have it nailed down the way I want it. This one, from Epicurious, is a keeper.

17 Likes

holy cow that looks delicious.

1 Like

I wish my DH weren’t lemon averse. Sigh. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

'Tis an Indian summer day. Shorts and t-shirt, washed the car, G&T, even the garden is happy. Opened the Beefeater, over rocks, manzanilla olives. Salad for supper. White bean tuna salad over spinach. Toasted baguette with garlic, parm, parsley butter. Dessert was Asian pear with blue cheese, honey and pine nuts.

20 Likes

Thanks for including the recipe. Love the combination of corn + jalapenos + scallions - will have to try with pasta!

2 Likes

I was getting worried-- you’ve been having Bombay (my fave) lately!

You’re welcome. Let me know how it comes out. I like that you puree the corn without even having to cook it. The leftover corn kernels give it a nice crunch, and the jalapeños and green onions give it a little heat.

1 Like

Busy night after a day off that seemed anything but. Had to teach a class virtually tonight. That ended and went right into the Rangers’ season opener (they won thankfully :pray:). I was dining solo and ordered Chinese: beef and broccoli with garlic sauce and dumplings (I’ll save him a few as leftovers). Old Fashioned[s] to drink. Sorry, no pics tonight.

11 Likes

No pics here either tonight. Ate a first for me – pasta with salmon, both smoked and not, finished with cream. Shared that and chicken Milanese with a friend, plus ridiculously intense chocolate gelato to finish. Also more glasses of wine than I usually would on a Tuesday, including a lovely moscato at the end.

11 Likes

That would be tough for me. Lemon is one of my most favorite basic flavors.

4 Likes

The lemon juice and zest are added at the end, so maybe you could add them only to your bowl?

4 Likes

Lentil stew with black lentils, fennel, green beans, dried tomatoes, thyme, fennel seeds and garlic. Served with some sour cream with grated lemon peel

12 Likes

That looks like the cutest little pair of Wellington boots at the bottom side of this lovely looking dish!

(Sorry, this is in response to a post from days ago - I didn’t realize it wouldn’t post immediately after the original.

Here’s the photo I was referring to:

6 Likes

Clockwise from top

Greek orzo salad, lamb chops and broccoli

14 Likes

I buy Bombay when I only want a small bottle as my liquor store doesn’t carry the small Beefeater. My son gifted me a large one of both for my birthday so i’m set for awhile.

1 Like

Another night, another quesadilla. Still had (and still have) some of that prime rib to finish, and this time added a few sautéed shrooms. Quesadillas, where have you been all my life???

A martini for dessert. The last drudges of the Hendrick’s Neptune (meh) augmented with The Botanist. And since I was mixing gins already, might as well go with a grilled olive vs. my usual twist.

15 Likes