What's For Dinner #86 - the Apples, & Cider, & DONUTS, Oh MY! Edition - October 2022

I wanted to use up some avocados I had in stock, so I made a BIG Avocado and Cucumber salad for dinner. I had some Light Italian dressing in the fridge, which worked perfectly. I have enough leftover for a small side salad for my girlfriend and I for dinner tonight.

18 Likes

As good as seriouseats is, you cannot rely on their timings. Each piece of meat or other protein is different, and you have to check early and often.

3 Likes

Dinner at our friends house the other night, I made dessert: Lilikoi (passion fruit) Mousse Cake, was enjoyed by all…

21 Likes

We enjoyed some excellent takeout from Blue Steel Pizza in Bloomfield, NJ. It was our first time. We enjoyed a crispy, cheesy Detroit style white pie with chorizo and jalapeño; wild mushroom dan dan noodles with chili oil; chili shrimp with piri piri; corn ribs with chipotle mayo and pepperoni crumbs. It all went great with an excellent California Syrah.

12 Likes

Simple, easy, tasty. Sometimes just what the heart desires.

4 Likes

The Thanksgiving thread is up!

4 Likes

I’m not sure how I got here, but I have become a Beatles song age today. :astonished:

I’m definitely losing my hair.
I don’t send myself birthday greetings, but I always buy myself a bottle (or 6) of wine. (Like DUH!)

I would love to rent a cottage every summer in the Isle of Wight.
But I doubt I could stay out until a quarter to three. (I’m too old for that shit.)

But then again there are those times when I feel like a Five For Fighting song age (pick any of them in that song, and they all apply. :woman_shrugging:)! So you’re only as old as you feel at the time, right?

I had a lovely day on my own today. Up to Newburyport to shop at various stores (chocolates, bread, a farm for my unpasteurized cider and cider donuts, and apples because I decided not to pick them this year).

Dinner tonight was pan-seared duck breast with a char siu and fresh ginger glaze, Israeli couscous and steamed asparagus (a little over what I prefer).

There WAS copious amounts of wine, and there will be chocolates for dessert.

All in all, it was really good day.

28 Likes

Happiest of birthdays to you LindaWhit. Sounds like you had a great day!!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @LindaWhit ! It looks like you had a fabulous celebration. It seems that you, Mrs. P, and I all turned into a Beatles song this year :slightly_smiling_face: I don’t know where the years went. They just flew by.

4 Likes

A couple of dishes from COTM Thali by Maunika Gowardhan for dinner tonight.

Goan Fish Ambotik, Rajasthani Palak (Spinach) Dal, leftover okra, chapatis from the freezer, and rice+quinoa from the fridge. I cooked the dal yesterday, adjusted spicing and added the spinach tonight.

Lovely meal for not a lot of effort.

17 Likes

Well - you know we still need you and of course we’ll still feed you…:musical_score::guitar::drum::birthday::champagne::clinking_glasses::balloon::tada: Happy Birthday, glad you enjoyed & great looking meal.

10 Likes

Last night’s leftover tri tip. Garden veg. There were some potatoes for DH, as well.

18 Likes

Happy happy, @LindaWhit!
Glad you treated yourself right!

2 Likes

BTW cheers - I think I spy my favorite pinot!

1 Like

Happy birthday @Lindawhit. Oh to be 64 again. Dinner looks wonderful,especially the choclates.

7 Likes

Spanish pizza. Stonefire thin crust, bravas sauce, chorizo, onion, garlic, piquillo peppers, castelvetrano olives, manchego cheese, a sprinkle of dried oregano. Salad of mixed lettuce, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, pickled carrots, sherry vinegar & oo dressing. Cocktail was a rum sunset, there may have also been Bombay rocks.

20 Likes

Happy birthday Linda! Wishing many years of wonderful eating.

3 Likes

Can’t keep up with WFD , but had to add a Happy Birthday @LindaWhit !

Rinse and repeat.

With this week’s Nancy’s ceci bean salad.

19 Likes

Stir-fried shrimps, green beans and scallions with a sauce made from ginger, garlic, chili-garlic paste, quick broth from the cooked shrimp shells, soy sauce and sesame oil

18 Likes

That cake looks amazing.

1 Like