What's for Dinner #84 - the National Food-A-Day Month Edition - August 2022

Yes, make sure the designer shoes, bags and wine carrier are under lock and key lol. Having a baby animal in the house does take some adjustment. Our now cat was quite the little pill as a youngster, but so worth it.

1 Like

After a dinner invite on Friday & a poker game that involved Wegmans pizza last night, I was ready too cook again. Well – grill, for the most part.

Pork tenderloin marinated Greek-style grilled whole to a perfect pink, grilled eggplant, village salad that almost transported me back to a Greek island (I “blame” the Persian cukes & FM maters), and tzatziki my sweets went to the store for when I realized I hadn’t picked up any.

Good eats :yum:

18 Likes

Mmmm - I love Sichuan green beans! I’m going to make your recipe. That an Singapore curried noodles are my favorite thing to order from a Chinese resturant! Sadly, we don’t have many opportunities for that in on outer Cape Cod. So it’s DYI for us…

1 Like

Oh, just about everything take-out and street-food related for us is DYI or do without. I would describe my favorite category of food as “Americanized Ethnic Diner and Streetcart”. Over the years I’ve been learning to make all my favorites.

2 Likes

That tenderloin looks amazing - any details you can share? TIA!

Sure. I stabbed it all over with a chef’s knife, then marinated in olive oil, RWV, hot paprika, garlic & onion powder, Penzey’s Greek seasoning and lemon pepper, dried oregano & rosemary for about 6 hours.

Grilled to 145. That’s all :relaxed:

Thank you! Got it all, right down to the Penzey’s Greek Seasoning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sunday supper was another confusion. Perogies with an Italian sausage, onion, red pepper, splash of vermouth, garlic galore pesto, garlic alfredo sauce. Parm and parsley. Salad of mixed sweet greens, red onion, cherry tomatoes, pepperoncinis, Kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar dressing. A negroni before and vino with.

14 Likes

Grilled petite filet of beef with garden veg: grilled zucchini, twice fried spuds, fresh toms.

18 Likes

I made gazpacho and panini with chicken deli meat, prosciutto, and muenster with homemade pesto mayo on pumpernickel.

17 Likes

Swoon😍

1 Like

Cauliflower-sweet potato curry baked in the oven with a sauce made from cardamom, mustard seeds, cumin, fennel seeds, chili flakes, turmeric, garam masala, ginger, garlic and coconut milk. Served with a salad made from grapes, mint, dill, pine nuts and lime juice as an acidic counterbalance to the curry

11 Likes

Is there any other kind? :joy:

2 Likes

Looks like grilling was a popular choice this weekend. I was on that bandwagon too: reverse-seared steak finished with marrow butter, grilled summer squash, and a refreshing, simple salad.

I did cheat by starting the steak in the oven inside, where I find temperature control to be more predictable than on our propane grill. That left me free to enjoy a cocktail and conversation on the patio before I grilled the squash and seared the steak outside.

15 Likes
4 Likes

That’s not cheating. That’s thinking.

4 Likes

Baby eggplants were in the CSA box, so I did papoutsakia or “little shoes”. Veganized the filling of eggplant guts and beef by simply substituting Impossible ground. Made rice with dill and pine nuts and the fried okra from The Olive & the Caper (heavily adapting the batter to be GF and vegan). Tzatziki for dipping the okra.

21 Likes

Mr Bean and The Sprout went fishing yesterday and came back with two18+inch fluke. We were in the mood for something on the light side and decided on fish tacos. Served with a pineapple salsa and a Mexicanish slaw. From ocean to plate in less 6 hours.

22 Likes

Lucky, lucky Bean family!!

7 Likes

Very, very lucky though Mr bean would say that some talent is involved in the catching.

2 Likes