What's For Dinner #83 - the I Scream, You Scream Edition - July 2022

Ha! I do try to not drink at least one night a week. (Damn, that just doesn’t sound right!)

6 Likes

Just as long as you get your breakfast bloody mary in.

4 Likes

I think it’s great. I have made it before and will use it again.

Ah. A noble quest.

1 Like

Maybe it will soak in? :crossed_fingers:t2: We recently killed a large jar of Duke’s. Didn’t take as long as it should have :sweat_smile:

1 Like

After a 5 day “stay-cation” of working from the beach club, tonight was my first non-pizza-ish meal I’ve had. A tale of two dishes, homemade Italian ravioli from Pastosa’s Ravioli of Brooklyn served in a jar of sauce from Lidle. (discount grocery near me)

Deliciously satisfying!

21 Likes

Tonight I made Cavatelli with garlicky greens and potatoes (Cavatelli con verdure e patate) from 1,000 Italian Recipes. Used CSA kale, new potatoes, and radish greens (so many radishes…) and added red chili flake and grated Parm Regg. at the table. I also roasted, and initially forgot to serve, locally made Italian sausages. I made a peach bourbon praline cake for my DH’s birthday, served with unsweetened softly whipped cream.

Forgot to photograph it before cutting, but it was quite pretty!

24 Likes

Chile colorado, rice, flour tortillas, tomato and cucumber salad, and refried black beans with cheese.

26 Likes

Tonight is a camping meal . Chopped up German hot dog in a can of ranch style beans . Boiled broccoli. Tired and sore . Cheers :wine_glass:I might keep the last one for hot dog spaghetti. Lol . I can get more .

19 Likes

I kept the dressing separate from the components, assuming we’d eat the salad over the course of several days. For tonight’s dinner, I doubled the amount of hard boiled egg called for and halved the mayo dressing. Much, MUCH, better.

2 Likes

Day 2 of road trip. Dinner tonight was same as last – chili with beans and (improved) mac salad.

Today’s photo, therefore, is of our riverside lunch – a turkey and Swiss cheese sandwich, fruit and veg. Strawberries and lettuce from our garden.

28 Likes

Damn! This was amazing! Flank steak in a simple but delicious marinade topped with cilantro chimichurri. Side of black beans and couscous (wanted something a little lighter than rice).

Roku rocks to start. I like it in a martini but not by itself. So I had to have a Bombay rocks to right myself.

21 Likes

Have you tried Borgatti’s?

Trout with fennel and grapefruit from At Home In The Kitchen by David Kinch. Also, angel hair tossed with grapefruit zest, Calabrian chiles, and olive oil.

22 Likes

Final night of our road trip, and opted for something light: butterbrod with cold-smoked steelhead trout and cream cheese on French bread. Fruit and veg. There was carrot cake for dessert.

20 Likes

Had some frozen artichoke agnolotti so decided to make shrimp and artichoke francese.

16 Likes

Kheema macaroni (well, farfalle) for dinner tonight.

Still slowly sorting what’s in the freezer and trying to savage what I can. Found a flat-pack of kheema and boiled potatoes (yep) so thought I’d make shepherd’s pie.

But when it came time to eat, I realized I wanted this. Needed some fresh tomato and herbs to perk it up, plus some fried onions I currently have a vat of.

Really good, and the onions and cinnamon stick that got left in the kheema made it taste a bit Turkish rather than Indian.

20 Likes

Ah, the sun came out today. Grilled Mediterranean shrimp kabobs, asparagus, baby bells, onions. Jasmine rice. Mixed greens, radicchio salad with red onion, and French Breakfast radish and sugar snap peas from the garden, creamy Greek dressing. 'twas a Nergroni aperitief and an Americano with.

21 Likes

Repeat of a recent lunch - a choripán - sandwich of Argentinian style chorizo on baguette with chimichurri. With broccolini and tomato dressed in the same chimichurri.

And a glass of a nice natty red from Spain.

24 Likes

Is cinnamon not a typical seasoning for kheema? Or was it just that it became stronger than usual because it was left in while the kheema was in the freezer? My standard kheema, which is based on Raghavan Iyer’s recipe from 660 Curries, calls for a cinnamon stick, but I sometimes use ground instead because I like a strong cinnamon flavor in the dish.

Yours looks delicious, btw! And I love the idea of using it as pasta sauce!

1 Like