What's For Dinner #82 - June 2022 - the Scary Campfire Stories and Sticky S'Mores Month

Chickie boob piccata, roasted broc w/hollandaise leftover from my final :sob: asparagus feast on Monday, and SALAD. I’m not crazy about cooking in our Berlin pad – the piccata ‘sauce’ came out a little runnier than I’d hoped, but the flavors were on point.

13 Likes

@ linguafood

This all looks so good!

Thanks. Piccata is a dish in regular rotation back home, and my darling requested it. I do a better job in my own kitchen :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Last night had Green Onions, Grape Tomatoes, Parmesan Crusted AF Baked Potato, AF Broccolini with Toasted Sesame Oil, and AF Spam. Have tried the toasted sesame oil in several different ways and have decided I just don’t care for the taste of it - it is almost as if the toasting resulted in more slightly burned taste, so that is one bottle of oil that will be tossed. I love sesame oil, though. And yes, I do like Spam occasionally; don’t have it very often.

12 Likes

to @gcaggiano and all the others who were talking about this… just heard about this on Colbert last night…

sorry about the Fox13 (not sure it’s affiliated? but i was NOT watching/listening to Fox!)

5 Likes

I’m glad I figured out your usage of “AF” was an abbreviation of air fryer :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I was afraid to ask.

1 Like

Me, too. Afraid AF, TBH. :rofl:

7 Likes

ROTFLMFAO.

And more text to get that to post.

Ji Si Liang Mian (Spicy Cold Noodles with Slivered Chicken), adapted from Land of Plenty by Fuchsia Dunlop. I had cucumber and radish I needed to use up in place of bean sprouts.

19 Likes

I made these Spinach Artichoke Chicken burgers on toasted brioche buns that were wonderful! Made in food processor and added a splash of soy sauce and topped with fresh mozzarella. COTC and browned butter haricots alongside.

17 Likes

I’ve done spinach in chicken meatballs before, but never artichoke. Great idea - thanks for the link!

1 Like

Clay pot rice with broccolini, lap cheong, chicken, and mushrooms.

16 Likes

Serious Eats pan pizza with pepperoni and olive. On the side, garden romaine with homemade Caesar dressing.

I feel the need to put in a plug for the Lloyds Detroit-style pizza pan I purchased last year. It makes a terrific, crispy crust on a pan pizza, and the pizza comes cleanly and easily out of the pan.

16 Likes

Weeknight porchetta, it looked lovely fresh from the oven, but after I sliced it, it looked like a wild animal attacked it. Asparagus with hickory smoked salt and butter, salad of romaine, radicchio, snap peas, cucumber, yellow baby bell and creamy Greek dressing. Sangria.

18 Likes

Chicken cacciatore. No sides . Cheers .

20 Likes

Sides are for losers. Sorry Respectfully is a very bad influence on me. Looks great. Fireflies are out and I mixed up a gin on the rocks. Bombay sapphire. Cheers. Loving this read: https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/g22115148/what-royals-eat-in-a-day/?slide=46

Oo thanks for the pan advice. Cdc and I have been on an exhaustive but fun quest to discover what kind of pizza he prefers. In order to still buy gas we did the quest at home though trying many pizza joints has it’s appeal. Drumroll please. He loves deep dish the most. I can live with that. Yours looks divine. I am so grateful he will now accept olives on his pizza. Will order that pan if I cannot find it at my super secret tech place where I also cheat and buy frozen pizza dough balls. Arrived too late for the retail store last week but the big trucks delivering to local pizzerias were zooming out of there. https://bovafoods.com/

2 Likes

Love the wine glass.

RIP Gilroy Garlic Festival.

4 Likes

Thank you . Yep . Circa 1983

1 Like