What's For Dinner #82 - June 2022 - the Scary Campfire Stories and Sticky S'Mores Month

Condolences. Related ironic moment-- My mom passed away 10 years ago on Mother’s Day. (10 YEARS? No Way!)

3 Likes

Cooks Country herb roasted Greek chicken. Roasted lemony potatoes with olive oil and oregano, loosely based on Ellie Krieger’s version. Greek salad (no pasta).

19 Likes

I had a meal kit tonight with a recipe that made no sense – or at least seemed ill-advised. I swapped minced shallot for the onion, added Duke’s mayo to the glaze, and ditched their side suggestion entirely. The snow peas were too woody and had to be tossed. I made a succotash with grape tomatoes and the corn they sent, brown butter, red pepper flake, and fresh tarragon. CSA potatoes roasted with Spicewalla lemon pepper. Topped the shebang with dressed sunflower shoots.

18 Likes

I am going to Lisbon in the fall: will have to post a thread asking for food tips!

1 Like

13 Likes

love the bar-hopping with food! happy anniversary, lovebirds!

1 Like

I made Peruvian chicken with aji verde tonight, with Mexi-rice, and I added tomatoes, a little cabbage, and avocado to the BF’s zucchini salad from last night. The aji verde got slathered on most everything, of course. I didn’t make enough of it to blend properly, didn’t quite reach the blades - therefore the green specks of cilantro. Still, just about the tastiest thing on the plate, always!

Also made a Cantonese beef and daikon braise from Woks of Life for tomorrow night’s dinner. It smells good in here!

18 Likes

I’m currently in Lisboa & have posted a few meals I’ve had here as well.

2 Likes

Last night’s dinner was plain but satisfying: Amylu Garlic-Asiago chicken sausages (when grilled and slightly charred they oddly taste like hot dogs, so I did put mustard on them). Martin’s Potato Roll. Horseradish Cheddar kettle chips.

Steamed asparagus with butter drizzled over. Salt and pepper.

I don’t know about you but for asparagus season, these were all stem before prepping.

22 Likes

Isn’t that normally just a vehicle to eat tons of garlic butter (and I thought you hate butter) ?

Baked chicken breast, tater tots, epic wedge salad to use up some CSA veg and fridge stuff (although we were out of blue cheese).

17 Likes

Braised beef & daikon, as promised, from Woks of Life. Not exactly 91 degree (at dinnertime) weather fare, but it was good. BF sauteed the last of the gai lan on the side to go with.

19 Likes

Inspired by a post from @gcaggiano: NY strip steak on the grill with homemade potato chips and roasted broccolini from the garden.

Kudos to DH for the chips.

21 Likes

Looks wonderful! I made a NY Strip tonight too!

2 Likes

Back from from a weekend away I didn’t really want to be away for… took the subway an extra stop with my carry on so I could go to the grocery store on the way home and pick up something easy for dinner like dumplings.

But… turns out I’m craving home cooking, so I bought chicken and potatoes and made one of our basic home chicken curries instead.

Roasted cauliflower while the chicken cooked.

Happy to be home, and stay home for a litte while!

27 Likes

not the way these critters were prepared.

How did you prepare them ?

Well here you go @MunchkinRedux:

I’ve made a lot of stir-fry and Asian dishes in the last week, so tonight I was craving a steak: my go-to peppercorn encrusted NY Strip with a baked potato and string beans sautéed with butter, garlic, and crushed red pepper. I also picked up a bottle of Peter Luger’s steak sauce for dipping and it truly is worth the hype.

There was a G & T or two…

21 Likes

Lemongrass, ginger and kaffir lime, and a healthy does of white wine.

3 Likes

I think Makrut is the preferred term now.

7 Likes