What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Saturday Night Chicken with Broccolini and Italian Sausage from Nancy Silverton’s Mozza at Home. This is a one pot dish of vinegary deliciousness.

23 Likes

I know the perfect music. Don’t know how many people are treated to Spring Peepers but how I love the concert they provide now or soon.

6 Likes

Love those pies. So easy, filling and satisfying

1 Like

That chop is GORGEOUS!

4 Likes

Your photo is great - made my tumbly all rumbly, even at 10:15 a.m.! Welcome to HO, @MidwesternerTT !

4 Likes

I’m sitting here clapping my hands (silently - I am at work, after all!) at all of the new members of HO and those who have joined in the WFD thread! So I’ll just post a bunch of silly pics.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled WFD thread. :smiley:

16 Likes

Dinner music to my ears too. Our previous house wasn’t far from a wetland. We loved hearing those spring peepers in concert.

4 Likes

We are deep in our renovation project so cooking has been a little challenging. I did make this nice pork chop and onions dinner with one light. It’s going to be nice to have lights again!!!

23 Likes

welcome welcome!

4 Likes

Here at Hungry Onion from Chowhound. Was a member of Chowhound for many, many years, and so happy to find the Hungry Onion.

Forgot to take a picture last night (I am good at forgetting), but air fryer some hot dogs and air fried homemade French fries, Thought I had hotdog buns but did not, and the bread was not good, so decided to cook some biscuits to use for hot dog buns. It wasn’t a very successful sub, because the biscuits were so tall. Oh, well lesson learned.

26 Likes

Welcome MTT @MidwesternerTT ! Great to see you here.

3 Likes

Spring peepers are to the amphibian world what American robins are to the bird world. As their name implies, they begin emitting their familiar sleigh-bell-like chorus right around the beginning of spring. Sometimes to me the peepers have this electrifying sound that is mezmerizing

5 Likes

@Wtg2Retire My 7-year old Spring Onion (that’s how I refer to him on Hungry Onion) wants you to adopt him based on your menu. Delicious!

5 Likes

Nice to see your name! Welcome.

1 Like

I remade a Ukranian-ish cabbage roll casserole with Tex -Mex flavors. Subbed soy chorizo for the beef, upped the veggies, swapped out most of the rice for cauliflower rice, and used red enchilada sauce in place of broth. Also added plenty of mozzarella cheese. It was delicious and only about 180 cal/square. Drizzled with crema to serve.

22 Likes

That is so sweet of him. Give him a hug for me, please.

1 Like

Great Drizzle! My crema always ends up in blobs

2 Likes

Wagyu burgers on the grill. Homemade potato buns.

Red onion, pickles and lettuce all courtesy of our garden.

23 Likes

Baja shrimp tacos, doctored up pinto beans and una cerveza.

20 Likes

Tonight was one of those nights. I had to teach until 8 and the BF got off work late, so naturally we headed to our favorite bar. Sometimes we eat there, sometimes not. In this instance, we just had drinks and picked up Chinese food on the way home.

I had chicken and broccoli while he had shrimp and broccoli. We shared dumplings. As this was not our usual spot (we ordered from a late night place near the bar-- God bless 'em), we tried something different in the form of “Chinese Donuts” which were reminiscent of what I would snag at a local Chinese buffet as a child— literally a trip down memory lane. It was $2 for an order and they gave us 10!!! Of course we did not come close to finishing. While I’m not a breakfast person, I may sneak one in with tomorrow’s morning coffee!

No pics of dinner but I did take pics of the “donuts”!

25 Likes