What's for Dinner #78 - The Hearts, Candy, Flowers & Slushy Snow Edition - February 2022

BF in the kitchen again. He made hummus, creamy cuke and dill salad, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, and onion, salad with a delicious sumac vinaigrette, and thinly pounded steak roulades, stuffed with a tapenade he made, spinach and feta. Lots of veggies, nice and light on another warm day in San Francisco.

He is really adjusting to his dental issues, finding what he can eat!

17 Likes

ain’t nothing dumb about it.

2 Likes

A first for me, ground beef stroganoff. It was good. Asparagus and tomato, cucumber, onion salad with oo & v dressing.

13 Likes

Oh my, that looks delicious!

Japanese curry with chicken, potatoes, carrots, and onion. Snow peas with ponzu butter. Over cauli-jasmine rice.

17 Likes

(Edit: oops, old WFD)

I made a tuna rice bowl for the first time tonight and we liked it! I have some new furikake that I used.

10 Likes

Thanks @naf

1 Like

Fish stew with potatoes , dill and cucumbers cooked in a mix of vegetable broth, white wine and cream and some briefly seared cod added at the end.

12 Likes

I made Mushroom Tarts. :grin:

21 Likes

Recap of last two nights:

Drinks and snacks at our favorite bar on Thursday.

And last night we ordered a pepperoni pizza. Just did not feel like cooking. I’m almost ashamed to admit that I drizzled hot honey on a slice of pizza. I say “almost” because it was damn good! No pics.

10 Likes

Last summer we had a pizza prepared with a drizzle of hot honey. Undetectable by the time the pizza was served. Surprisingly good—though I do think the preparation could easily have gone into gloppy territory if not done with a good sense of proportion.

3 Likes

Maple syrup is also good

You should rent him out!

2 Likes

Good looking tart

2 Likes

i immediately ordered a big bottle of Mike’s Hot Honey after i had it on a Detroit style slice a few months ago. i ADORE it on pizza! i’ve found other uses for it too.

2 Likes

such a beauty!! what is the green cream-like substance under the shrooms?

Briefly got up to 59° today north of Boston while I was out and about doing delayed errands.
Delayed because I was a slug getting my butt in gear this morning.
(Question of the Day: Do slugs have butts?)
Back to the temps.

Runners were in shorts and t-shirts.
Saw several bikes on the road with riders in their leathers.
Car windows were open.
Happy dogs were hanging out the windows of said cars, tongues and ears flapping in the wind.
Competing music was blasting from said cars at stop lights.
Beautiful blue sky for February.

Annnnd tomorrow we’re supposed to get snow showers and temps will drop to a low of 9° by Monday morning.
:neutral_face:
Winter in New England is a major tease.

As for dinner: I thought I had shrimp in the freezer.
I did not.
:::Pivot:::

Took out a large link of sweet sausage to defrost and cook, adding some broccoli florets and onions at the end. Added some cooked campagnelle pasta, tossed it all with a Knorr’s Parma Rosa sauce with a sprinkle of Aleppo pepper and grated Parm-Reg.

Wine.

15 Likes

Same here in NYC. I went out for a walk along the Hudson in a light hoodie today, twas absolutely gorgeous! Not looking forward to putting on my puffer and shoveling tomorrow. :cold_face:

To bring it back to WFD, I made lamb qeema tonight - delicious, but accidentally too spicy for anyone in this household but me to eat. I used chiles from last year’s frozen harvest, which for the most part have been duds. Clearly there are a few sleepers in the mix. I’m not mad about it, though - more leftovers for me!

7 Likes

12 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ, including an excellent Berkshire pork chop; sea bass; mussels and chorizo; and garlic shrimp salad with avocado. It all went great with an excellent Chateauneuf Du Pape.

7 Likes