What's For Dinner #77 - the "Let's Start Anew" Edition - January 2022

6 Likes

@BeefeaterRocks - I totally agree with you on the regular New Amsterdam gin - I tasted primarily lemon and vanilla flavors when I tried it at a friend’s house. Not for me! Let’s say the Stratosphere is much better, but I’ll keep it in mind as a back up choice to the ones I prefer. I do need to branch out more, but typically drink gin with tonic - pretty basic, but I like it.

2 Likes

Loved seeing the bar pics that’ve been posted so far! I have a drawer, maybe I’ll post a pic later. It’s probably best suited to a 12 bottle bar set up, but I do need to provision it up.

1 Like

A couple of nights…
Starter of mushrooms, blenheim apricot vinegar, EVOO

Calabrese sausage/vodka sauced pasta

Move over, Marie Callendar: chicken pot pie.

Husband said, “Very good!”

17 Likes

I’ve tried it at a gin tasting. I liked it but not enough to pay the extra dollars it cost.

3 Likes

Tonight I made Chinese/Chinese American: chicken, celery, and broccoli in oyster sauce (with many other ingredients) and steamed butternut squash sauced creatively. I loved the sauce flashed with hot oil from this recipe for noodles and decided it would work well with sweet, starchy squash. (In case of paywall - 2:1 ratio of soy sauce to black vinegar, lots of garlic, chili flake, cilantro, and scallions. Toss with pasta/cooked squash, douse with a few Tbsp. of hot neutral oil, and mix up.) Happily, it was delicious. I added a heaping spoonful of chili crisp and a little sugar, and it was right on. Definitely making this one again! Served over leftover cauli-jasmine rice, the motivation for this meal.

18 Likes

Making gumbo!

20 Likes

Indian dinner leftovers, which of course tasted even better tonight, especially because the BF made his fab puris to go with. I also added some steamed broccoli & broccoli rabe, as i didn’t want to defrost a big tub of saag paneer. froze the rest of the dal, too.

15 Likes

gorgeous crust!

3 Likes

Botanist has a nice bottle. I’ll have to give it a try!

1 Like

Did I suggest that??? Might have the wrong guy. As far as TLC freak shows go, I’m a “My 600 LB Life” guy. :rofl:

1 Like

Nice collection! Beautiful!

1 Like

Chilaquiles made with guajillo chile salsa topped with avocado and fried egg, with refried pinto beans.

And a Tommy’s margarita.

16 Likes

yes, very similar set-up inside!

1 Like

Tommy’s! oh the hours i’ve spent there…

1 Like

Chicken Piccata over linguine. I never realized how much butter went into this meal!

Stoli rocks to drink.

18 Likes

Oooh, now that looks delicious! :yum:

2 Likes

Chicken piccata is one of my 2 favorite entrees at a good Italian restaurant (the other is Carbonara). Your’s looks delicious!

2 Likes

First time I’ve ever made it, and first time I’ve purchased capers!

Recipe here:

8 Likes

Quinoa salad with red peppers, romaine, kidney beans, corn, red onion, avocado and crumbled tortilla chips for texture - served with a some sausages

10 Likes