What's For Dinner #77 - the "Let's Start Anew" Edition - January 2022

Hamtastic

16 Likes

Oh, looks delicious! What’s in the glaze?

1 Like

OJ, brown sugar, cinnamon, pomegranate, bourbon and peach jam - basically whatever I had laying around!

3 Likes

Such a beauty!

1 Like

The recipe was titled Coq au Vin Blanc and it also had cream? However it looked tasty and it was. Sides were mixed greens salad, with avocado, yellow baby bell, green onion, pickled beets with ranch dressing, warm baguette and butter. Wine? You betcha and there was a Manhattan to keep the cook company.

18 Likes

Made some salt fish “fritters” tonight. I had some soaked and cooked from last week. Send a welfare check if you don’t hear from me in awhile.

Just a snack though. Tonight is Mexican take out.

19 Likes

Oooh those look so good! Not sure if I’ve ever had salt cod, but would love to try it!

1 Like

Beef fried rice w/lettuce

15 Likes

In addition to the European versions of salt cod “cakes” with potatoes, there’s Bajan, Trini, Jamaican, and/or “stamp and go”.

One of many for fritters/cakes

The also popular

6 Likes

BF made ramen again - his broth - homemade chicken broth, miso and a bit of dashi this time - and fresh Chinese noodles. Thinly sliced pork from the Japanese market, seared quickly on both sides. Less broth in mine, a squeeze of Kewpie, and all the usual yummy toppings…

20 Likes

Had to smile looking at your photo because I recently made the same mix of peas and corn. Except you toasted your corn, nice move. I was lazy and was just looking in the freezer for something to throw together

1 Like

That coq au vin. :star_struck: I want to dive right in.

2 Likes

BF made chicken katsu last night.

Wine for him, a Manhattan or two for me as I worked on a talk I am giving on Sunday, my first in-person since Covid began. It will be at a place called Murphy’s Tavern in Rumson, NJ, an actual Prohibition-Era speakeasy. This is a private party which was bid on at a fundraiser supporting the local library. I’ll be speaking about Prohibition on the Jersey Shore, of course, but there’s a special twist: a cocktail pairing during the lecture!

20220112_203814

23 Likes

Sounds like my cooking :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! That talk sounds like fun! I’m sure the appreciates your efforts

2 Likes

Especially when I’m too lazy to go to the store for just one ingredient - I wanted pineapple but rummaged the kitchen instead!

2 Likes

how fun!

and that katsu looks amazing…

1 Like

Even easier move is buying Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn in their freezer section. :wink: I always have a bag or two. I like the ever-so-slight smokiness it brings. That corn is great in a roasted red pepper corn & chicken chowder I make as well.

4 Likes

It’s one of my least favorite activities ever.

1 Like

Pizza! Sausage, bell pepp, cherry pepp, onion, olive tapenade. Sourdough discard crust. I used a rolling pin this time, so the dough doesn’t look like preschool. :slight_smile: Basil pesto on 1/4 instead of tomato sauce for the anti-tomater…

17 Likes