What's For Dinner #75 - the " Thanks and Giving Season" Edition - November 2021

For Diwali, I made Butter Chicken even though it’s probably more British-Indian than actual Indian. Served with Jasmine rice (ran out of Basmati!), my own version of Bhel Puri, and Jaipur Vegetables and naan from Trader Joe’s. It paired nicely with a dry Riesling-- wine twice in one week, surely a personal record!

18 Likes

Pasta with zucchini (the seeds/flesh scraped out, cut very small and used as part of the sauce, the zucchini “shells” briefly cooked with the pasta), leek, Italian sausage, small amount of tomato, parmesan, rosemary, parsley, garlic and a splash of heavy cream

15 Likes

We had some friends over for dinner rather than going out. It was supposed to rain so sitting outside was not likely to happen and this seemed like a better option than eating in a restaurant on a Saturday night.

On our way home from Boston a couple of weeks ago, we stopped in Newark and brought some Portuguese food home. It’s been a long time since we’d been there and we realized how much we missed the food. That led me to make a traditional paella for dinner. It came out pretty well though the socarrat could have been a bit crispier.

8FC4DBE1-86E1-4746-BA1C-B348F0F6A6A1_1_201_a

23 Likes

Gorgeous. Just looking at this makes me happy.

4 Likes

Another print and frame.

4 Likes

We thoroughly enjoyed a fabulous 5 course Burgundy tasting dinner at Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ, featuring Beef Bourguignon, coq au vin, escargots, poached cod with white wine, onion, bacon lardon, fine herbs, and Brussel sprouts. For dessert we enjoyed various mignardises including epoisse, chocolate truffle, and poached figs. It all went great with some excellent wines.

12 Likes

I use the Pillsbury Grand biscuits for my chicken pot pie crust(s), and yes I do roll them out into a sheet.

4 Likes

One of my fav’s…chicken francese of linguine.

20 Likes

It was already 7:30 and I was getting hangry. Squishing them down with the heel of my hand was about all the time I wanted to give it.

But next time. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m all for being happy.

1 Like

Thanks!

Your Paella with Shellfish looks wonderful …

2 Likes

Wow ! What a lovely lovely dinner menu.

Of course, I am an Escargot woman !!

We are planning to head down to the Madrid Capital for our national holiday week December 4th through the 9th. And perhaps a few extra days for retail therapy and Christmas Shopping … There is a very good French restaurant in Madrid … Shall put on our list and then we shall vote !

Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like

Thank you!
Enjoy your weekend as well.

1 Like

Thank you …

1 Like

Gracias!

1 Like

Roast beef, provolone, caramelized onions*, horseradish Dijon aioli, and jus for the hell of it.

*I forgot how long it took to make these! It had been a while.

18 Likes

Wanted pulled pork/carnitas-type of thing, but started it late. i roasted a small piece of pork shoulder for 4 hours at 250°, rubbed with bourbon sugar, smoked bourbon paprika, fennel pollen, kosher salt & pepper, cayenne, cardamom, cumin. Came out incredibly tender, with a deep, dark bark. Served with avocado/cilantro crema, Mexi-rice, and salsa fresca. The crema went really well with the pork.

21 Likes

Mrs. P made butternut squash puree with shrimp; guacamole with chips; empanadas stuffed with andouille sausage, pureed kabocha squash, fuji apples, and heavy cream; The same pureed kabocha squash, fuji apple combination with endives; It all went great with an excellent red blend.

15 Likes

@paryzer Wow! :eyes:

Salisbury steak. Serious Eats version.

17 Likes