What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

Yum. Do you include cucumbers? Or is it that you use tzatziki-style dressing on the potatoes?

1 Like

Didn’t use cukes last night. But I may trying adding them to the leftovers. I wonder if it would taste weird with potatoes. Alternatively, we still have more tubs of Ken’s tartar sauce, which I may add.

2 Likes

Trying to gain some traction with WFD. Grilled Beyond burgers and buns (I looked away and I had to scrape the buns a bit but I salvaged them…I think in a restaurant, they’d be described as charred), tzatziki potato salad supplemented with some Ken’s tartar sauce, local pickles, simple salad of gorgeous local arugula/tomato/cukes/red onion in my everyday vinaigrette (TJs whole grain mustard, rice vinegar, garlic, good olive oil/salt&pepper). We’re clinging onto summer, people!

ETA: and because it’s me, we’re clinging on, sideways! (Durn these photo issues!)

17 Likes

Guess what I had for dinner tonight;

((I’m back!!!))

Lol happy weekend peeps! Wonderful outdoor dinner on the first full day of autumn here in NJ. This is compliments of the Witherspoon Grill in historic downtown town Princeton NJ.

Happy weekend peeps! (Stoli martini no photo)

20 Likes

The collards. One day I’ll serve a complete meal.

20 Likes

Please share your collards recipe please! That is something my father loves and I enjoy but I cannot make it for anything!! My broccoli rabe I’ll put up against anyone, my collards, sub par.

2 Likes

Okay. I’m going to come up with something amazing.

Okay maybe not.

Seriously, it depends on the texture and flavors you like in your collards.

I sort of used a bunch of ideas. I had some ham hock broth, I cooked some thinly sliced collards in it and cooked at a simmer until tender and almost dry. I added some of the Ethiopian chili oil. Good as is, or served with the seasoned curd. Not something I grew up with, but something I love.

7 Likes

Pizza. Italian sausage, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella/parm and basil. Salad with oo&v dressiing. Keeping with the Italian theme a Negroni.

18 Likes

Back to having chicken cutlets once a week. Not that I’m complaining but I feel like I am stuck in an abyss of repetition lately. Roasted potatoes and sautéed spinach on the side.

Beautiful evening outside. My brain said whiskey, but the heart went with a Hendrick’s and tonic.

22 Likes

Feel ya . Not a big deal . I ate the same exact meal 4 nights in a row . I just pretend I’m stranded on a island and I have food . Lol .

10 Likes

Double cheeseburger with onions on ciabatta, broccolini, tots

Last Word

17 Likes

Filet mignon with pasta carbonara. And a tiny salad. Cheers.

18 Likes

Not @digga (obviously!) but when I made tzatziki potato salad over the summer I did, grating them on box grater, then squeezing some liquid out. I loved the bit of crunch. I followed Smitten Kitchen’s recipe. Need to do that again soon!

4 Likes

I’m fond of gin and tonics too! Have you tried Hendricks with an English cucumber spear rather than lime? :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I know Hendrick’s is meant to be served with cucumber but I can’t do cukes in any way. Not even gin! :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

Ratatouille adjacent, to use up some okra, eggplant and squash.
IMG-9729

14 Likes

I’ve always wanted a bumper sticker that says: “It’s called a TURN signal for a reason!”
Hardly anyone around here (Marin County, CA) uses them. Drives me nuts.

4 Likes

Saturday: Pizza of course …

9 Likes

Them taters…drooling. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Spicy duck wings, beer, and college football. An excellent way to spend the first weekend of autumn.

13 Likes