What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

A strawberry and assorted fresh berry tartlette and Italian Mascarpone (white part). Nice, we shared it. I am not a big dessert person but it was lovely and not overly sweet…

2 Likes

Love pawpaw. I’m having them for lunch almost everyday now since the season is so short. Posted here:

3 Likes

Cool! I’m in NJ and never heard of them until my parents decided to plant a whole ton of them maybe 15 years ago. Funny enough they took years to produce and neither of them even like the fruit! I picked a bunch when I was over there on Sunday. I was thinking about trying some freezer jam with some, have you ever tried?

1 Like

Ouch on both issues! Hope the kid is feeling better this morning, and hope your team hangs tough with the sale!

4 Likes

Ohhh, this looks great! Could you please ask Mom if she’d share her recipe?

2 Likes

@gracieggg, what a Wednesday you had. Be extra kind to yourself. Weekend is almost here.

3 Likes

I know exactly what you mean… Looks tasty, though!

Hope the kiddo is ok soon. (I’ve heard of so many kids getting viral infections in the past few weeks…)

Good luck with all the impending changes at work too.

1 Like

Yikes! That sucks times 2! Would ice cream help?

5 Likes

It all looks fabulous but especially the salad! Do you make your own creamy Greek dressing? If so would love the recipe!

1 Like

Never hurts! I’m pulling out all the bribes to get her to take Tylenol!

1 Like

I really want to know if anyone is able to adhere to those timelines in a dish!!!

I’ve been drooling over all the BLT salads that have been posted recently so when a friend was kind enough to give me some house smoked bacon I knew right away what we’d have for dinner. Since I had a slab I went with lardons I thought they’d provide a nice textual contrast to the rest of the vegetables. The croutons were sautéed in the rendered fat from the bacon.

IMG_2100

18 Likes

Just say when. I’m sure we could convince @CurlzNJ to join us for a scoop!

2 Likes

And this is a rhetorical question, right? :wink:

8 Likes

Bacon croutons!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Mr Bean always says to never ask a question is you don’t already know the answer.

1 Like

I’m not a huge bacon fan to be honest but the croutons were pretty damn good. Luckily I made more croutons than needed for dinner so I have some extra to eat today.

1 Like

Extra croutons are always a wonderful thing. I happen to know they freeze well and are great stright from the freezer. Just sayin’…

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I didn’t know that about croutons though it makes sense. To be honest yesterday’s croutons are already half gone and I highly doubt they’ll make it to dinner.

2 Likes

My nephew is a fiend for croutons. When I stay with them I make a big batch and my sister and I get extremely creative hiding them in the freezer so they last for a few salads. I’m going to make him bacon croutons next time (he loves bacon too) and I predict hiding may prove ineffective.

3 Likes