What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

I’ve always wanted a bumper sticker that says: “It’s called a TURN signal for a reason!”
Hardly anyone around here (Marin County, CA) uses them. Drives me nuts.

4 Likes

Saturday: Pizza of course …

9 Likes

Them taters…drooling. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Spicy duck wings, beer, and college football. An excellent way to spend the first weekend of autumn.

13 Likes

It was a good day.
Antique Apple picking.
Sunny day (after I got home from errands.)
Weekend menu planned in my meandering.

Tonight was Tsardusted pork tenderloin roasted in the oven.

Baby yellow potatoes steamed, then roasted in the convection oven in duck fat, s/p, garlic powder, and dried rosemary.

Charred Brussels Sprouts cooked with pancetta and a fig glaze from Epicurious.

Wine. And dessert will be a mini apple pie made from a single Cortland apple that was big enough for two mini pies.

The apple is either a Pound Sweet or a Summer Rambo. The apple aisles weren’t marked as well as they could have been.

20210925_182103

And a bonus pic of Finny using the coffee table leg as a resting point.

20210924_194223

18 Likes

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ. We haven’t eaten here in over 3 months because we didn’t like the way the previous chef was rushing his customers, and bullying his staff. The staff seemed rushed and walking on eggshells. It was sad because this used to be one of our favorite restaurants before Chef/owner Kohler passed away. I recently read that a new chef had taken over, (Michael Matonti), who used to be a protege of Chef Kohler. We decided to give it one more try and are glad that we did. Service was much more relaxed and less stressed. We were not rushed at all. I am looking forward to adding this restaurant back to our regular rotation.
We enjoyed crispy potato crusted mahi mahi; crispy panko crusted halibut with forbidden rice and bok choy, in a wasabi sake sauce; lobster bisque with PEI mussels and sherry cream; pumpkin cappellacci with brown butter and crispy fried sage. For dessert we had coconut cake with caramel sauce. It all went great with an excellent Chateauneuf Du Pape.

11 Likes

It’s definitely bourbon weather but the menu dictates, so a Margarita it is.
Pollo con crema, elote and a green salad, with radish, green onion, avocado, chipotle/Tajin ranch dressing.

15 Likes

I gotta get myself some nick & noras…

Beef Eater . Does rock.

2 Likes

Definitely exemplary and a gorgeous red …

Have a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

If I ever get back down to NJ, I’ll have to go here. The food looks amazing!

3 Likes

Yes, the food is excellent.

2 Likes

Last weekend in September. I hope you are outside enjoying the weather if it’s lovely where you are.

Easy meal last night: Prepared ribs from the butcher shop, local corn, and leftover potato salad with roasted pepper dressing. (Yep, still obsessed with roasting cherry peppers this season.)

Tonight? I don’t know yet. But I will make sure we have time to sip a beverage on our patio before dinner. Cheers, all.

14 Likes

I am all about the bonus pics. :star_struck:

3 Likes

That cutlet is a thing of beauty.

2 Likes

We’re in Monte Rio (Russian River) for our 19th anniversary weekend. Snacks when we arrived and our first dinner. BF’s boss gifted us a wonderful bottle of wine, Airbnb owner provided the bubbly. Cheeto martini garnish all mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

trying to add pics again…

Monte Rio snacks

Airbnb Chandon

Bruce's burgandy

martini with cheeto

13 Likes

Happy anniversary to you and your BF, @mariacarmen!

1 Like

Have a wonderful anniversary!

1 Like

@mariacarmen

All our best wishes on this special occasion. Happy Anniversary wishes.

1 Like

Couldn’t see any of the pictures, but
¡Muy buena suerte!