What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

That’s his “Draw me like one of your French girls” pose. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks delicious! Roasted cherry tomatoes are one of my favorites during tomato season.

No photo but I wanted to share a family friendly dish that I just made up and it worked out quite well. 4 ingredients. Trader Joe’s sliced mushrooms, soyrizo, shelf stable gnocchi, and a can of chicken broth. Method - in a little butter, sauteed the mushrooms slowly until they gave up most of their water. Crumbled 1/2 a soyrizo package in and stirred them around together for awhile. Removed all from pan, a little oil added, then the gnocchi and 3/4ish can of broth. Covered, brought to a boil, left alone for 3 min. Uncovered, stirred it all up - the gnocchi serve to thicken the broth quite well, and added back the soy and mush. Super easy, super tasty. Be wary of adding lots of extra salt as I wasn’t, since the soyrizo is well balanced and the stock reduces.

Served with garden grown cabbage (braised) and tomatoes (raw salted wedges).

11 Likes

Lol! Adorable! That’s how I look when wearing my thinking cap. Well, minus the adorable part.

Friday Lunch with lovely company - Ladies Day Out.

10 Likes

Dinner of steelhead trout, salad, cauliflower purée and
mushrooms

17 Likes

Good recipe unfortunately, son does not eat mushroom

Nice looking catch of the day.

“Home alone” lead to snatching some veg from the fridge to combine with a portion of errant pasta, PA pot pie, resulted in a surprisingly decent plate. Sauteed zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, garlic, splat of marinara, pecorino. Good enough for me…
Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 4.10.06 PM

16 Likes

We enjoyed some more great takeout from Don Pepe ll al fresco. We enjoyed our usual seafood stuffed lobster and avocado, as well as ‘inauthentic’ paella Valenciana :grinning: It all went great with an excellent Malbec.

20 Likes

It was hazy/smoky today and chilly so I made summer corn chowder. Warm French rolls with butter and a tomato salad.

21 Likes

I’m in. Anything left?

3 Likes

Plenty :slightly_smiling_face: I saved a plate for you.

3 Likes

Those tomatoes look amazing.

4 Likes

Last night’s dinner (Chicken Korma):

20210902_201645

Tonight’s cocktail (Bombay Sapphire Gimlet, up):

17 Likes

An Early Girl from the garden, tasted wonderful.

3 Likes

Phenomenal without a doubt.

Have a lovely wkend.

1 Like

Amazing terrace (deck) in your back yard …

Truly beautifully designed and decorated …

1 Like

If you ever need a volunteer to come and eat lobster and spoil that adorable dog of yours and Mrs. P’s, I am here for that. :wink:

5 Likes

Last night’s dinner after I took a small portion out of the corner to taste before adding more sauce and cheese and baked further in. microwave. Pictures were not available to upload last night but this morning, the rest of the pictures with more sauce and cheese after further baking were missing.
Chicken lasagna using my home made pepper sauce of reconstituted dehydrated Chillie pods ( guajillo, mulato, hatch, ancho,) which I cooked with onions, garlic, tomato sauce and chicken broth for enchilada and vindaloo and kept in freezer in individual portions for use. The fillings were shredded poached chicken breast mixed with this sauce, caramelized onions and hatch’s roasted chilies from costco. topped with mixture of Costco’s shredded pecorino and parmesan cheese.
It was excellent

17 Likes