What's for Dinner #73 - School's Back In! Edition - September 2021

your reply was “espinicas” which is why i corrected. just a typo on your part.

““Espinas are fish bones” !
“Espinicas are Spinach” … I think this is what you meant to write.”

1 Like

that was a mistake my part. I meant epinacas ( spinach ) con garbanzo and I did reply and apologize for typo.

3 Likes

no one needs to apologize, just trying to keep things accurate!

3 Likes

Is that something you are cooking at home? Maybe beef tenderloin? Maybe what is called Filet Mignon in the US? Husband’s favorite.

1 Like

If I’m tired, I use parchment. Otherwise, semolina. I tried rice flour with bread, but the mouthfeel bothered me.

1 Like

I found this and posted your recipe there, Merci again

3 Likes

Tonight was the “ini” themed dinner night. What is an ini themed dinner, let me indulge you;

Chicken scallop-ini picatta’
Served with tortol-ini and
Broccol-ini
All washed down with a vodka mart-ini !!!

That folks is an “ini” night!!

(bonus points if you could have given me a “ini” desert idea, I was going to try. Best I could come up with was a bowl of ice cream since Bik-ini season is over!! :bikini:)

20 Likes

oh, thank you!! i can’t believe i didn’t know that exists!
Thanks again!

1 Like

You could drive you Lamborghini to dinner
I love hummus with lots of tahini
Especially if you make it in your bikini
And then roll yourself in a blini
Isn’t broccolini something like rapini?
And of course put everything on rolls and make some panini!!!
Pasta makes a great dinner - fettuccini, capellini, spaghettini, and tetrazzini
So do mushrooms - cremini and porcini, even better in arancini
Didn’t you grow some zucchini?
Remember to make plenty to feed the bambini!!!

18 Likes

Pevarini: traditional cookie of Venice, made with molasses, lard, white pepper and flour.

15 Likes

Deconstructed chicken pot pie, with homemade buttermilk biscuits. My FIL is visiting for a few days, and ever since he lost his wife in Feb, I have been wanting to spoil him with comfort foods from scratch. Otherwise his diet is pretty bachelor-esque at home, cooking for himself.

21 Likes

Fajitas over quinoa rice blend. Used chicken steak-ums with peppers and onions. Simple and satisfying.

No cocktail tonight.

13 Likes

Roasted biso chicken thigh with pan gravy, asparagus with butter and alepo pepper.
Greens salad, avocado, snap peas, radish, red onion, honey mustard dressing.

14 Likes

They sound amazing!

1 Like

Your colors are poppin’!

1 Like

I made an Impossible Burger on a bakery bun with Sriracha Mayo, lettuce, tomato, homemade pickled jalapeños, and cilantro. Hit the spot and didn’t miss the meat - at all. Impossibles are a good sub in a smash-style burger.

17 Likes

very sweet of you, and I’m sure he appreciates it.

1 Like

Spatchcocked Provençal chicken from our Frenchy butcher, more of the leftover potato salad, made even better by slightly warming it this time (which is how i usually like to serve it), and a yummy green salad the BF made with beets, creamy goat/sheep milk cheese, and candied walnuts. Simples and good!

17 Likes

Very spatchy . Nice

2 Likes

I cooked Korean kalbi sous vide overnight, broiled to finish.

Repurposed rice and garlic spinach from yesterday, along with the last of the sautéed broccoli slaw, and one kimchi to rule them all.

SV really transforms the flanken-cut ribs - the gristle becomes edible collagen or whatever.

18 Likes