What's for Dinner #71 - the Vacation Time! Edition - July 2021

Lovely dinner!

2 Likes

Just cut the fat off this fabulous Belcampo pork rib chop . I’m slowly going to render it . Saute the chop in it afterwards. About 2 1/2 hours out . Plenty of wine . Birthday tomorrow. Cheers. :wine_glass:

another double picture. Must be the wine

17 Likes

Enjoy your dinner and upcoming b-day! I start celebrating mine this week! Love summer birthdays.

5 Likes

Admittedly new world Cornish pastie, (lard pastry enclosing beef cubes, potato, rutabega, onion)

With beef gravy as remembered by husband from Butte, MT Woolworth’s lunch counter

18 Likes

Oh, this looks delicious @pilgrim and love lard pastry for savory things. Yum.

Love your dinner and your kitties @LindaWhit! Sounds like your sis’s milestone birthday was fun too!

1 Like

the boys are delicious!!

glad you got to hang with your sis on her bday!

2 Likes

Bulgogi salad with a spicy dressing i made with ssamjang, Mike’s Hot Honey, fish sauce, evoo, rice wine vinegar, and lime juice. Salad was butter lettuce, endive, mint, basil, cilantro, radishes, jalapenos, persian cukes, and half a beautiful white peach. Bulgogi from H Mart, pre-marinated, and very tasty. A little rice for the BF. Watermelon for afters. So glad for summertime eating!

16 Likes

I had aimlessly soaked some gigantes beans and lentils yesterday.

Decided to make simple Greek- style gigantes beans in tomato sauce with fresh pita. First time for the pita. Started with a simple tomato and onion salad like my favorite Greek restaurant in the city serves (a plop of ricotta in the center because its fresh and delicious).

After yesterday’s awful weather, replete with thunderstorms evening into the night, today was glorious. I took my work and then my meal outside for the first time since I’ve been home and spent several hours there.

19 Likes

did you make those pitas in the microwave??? splain, please! that meal looks wonderful.

and tell me again, i know i’ve asked before… where do you live again?

2 Likes

Linda of TPSTOB thought the dish was overladen with butter? I wouldn’t believe it from anyone else :rofl:

Glad you had a nice celebration with your sister.

5 Likes

We had a crazy-successful day mushroom foraging with friends and got to sorting and divvying up over a beer after. Kiddo shared some food truck snacks with us, and later I had steamed shrimp sith lemon, melted butter, and a sprinkle of Old Bay. No pics of the meal.

21 Likes

Whaaaaaat! I want to come forage with you! That looks amazing!

3 Likes

Not too keen on cracking my solid surface countertop. We’ll call the pros.

Toaster oven.

I should have done one at a time. I also made them small. But it’s ok - first time, I wasn’t even expecting a puff up :joy:

Oh - nyc.

3 Likes

They look great, though!

Our minds were blown. Amazing haul.

2 Likes

Yeah, and kinda fun for not a lot of work

Gotta be careful to get them in and out quick, though, or they dry out.

I’m still getting used to the new toaster oven, though.

1 Like

they look great!

NYC! yay you!

2 Likes

“I fed the freezer” Salisbury steak, which meant I made a veg with lots of chopping to go with.

I added a bit of TJ’s Calabrian chilis, and composted the stems. :neutral_face:

I just noticed the original recipe was Turkish! Maybe I’ll post it on the Greek cuisine thread!

11 Likes