What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

Wow! I hope that you might share a peek of what you decide to do with those glorious vegetables.

2 Likes

Well, we did not buy all of these vegetables !

Bought some of these vegetables …

Well, zucchine or courgette is on the agenda … I bought some red tomatoes for tomato sauce for pasta and red bell peppers which we love sliced in strips and grilled in Evoo with a sprinkle of fine grained Basque sea salt. And quite a bit of bitter salad field greens (arugula … we call it rucola), fennel and also blood oranges (did not take photograph). These are “Makro´s” presentations …

Also melanzane (aubergines or eggplants) which we love baked as in “parmigiani” and shallots, radicchio, celery, chard, onions, radishes and what we call “cebolletas” which are both a green scallion stemmed onion with dangling onion sphericals … Leeks, endives and garlic. Very basic.

Some are basics for all dishes that are Mediterranean.

Have a lovely weekend.
Thank you.

6 Likes

Went very simple for dinner tonight: chicken thighs drizzled with olive oil, then dusted with a mix of paprika, dried basil, oregano, and parsley, garlic powder, and s/p. Roasted at 425° for 20 minutes, then turned down to 350° for the remaining 15 minutes.

Sides were steamed asparagus and leftover rice pilaf. And wine. Except the wine wasn’t leftover. Well, I guess it kinda-sorta was, since it was left from the last time I had a glass of wine earlier this week. Either way, it was consumed.

15 Likes

Well with the 2nd snow storm of the season upon us in the North East US it’s time for some chili. (Really for tomorrow and super bowl) Chicken Madeira from last week was a hit and requested for dinner tonight.

14 Likes

Those both look great!

We made tiny pork chops, broccoli and cauliflower with garlic butter, and butter-braised limas. The kiddo and I had some leftover pasta as well.

14 Likes

We had another fabulous dinner at Il Nido. We enjoyed fork tender veal osso bucco; crispy black sea bass; crispy duck confit salad; fresh pasta with rock shrimp, scallops, and mussels; crab and spinach stuffed oysters; charcuterie board. It all went great with an excellent Amarone and Chateauneuf Du Pape.

14 Likes

I’ve given up on crab bisque. I tried two recipes and they were good but did not have the depth of flavor I wanted. What to do with the rest of my crab broth? Cioppino! Messy but delicious. There was a crusty baguette and garlic herb butter to go with.
IMG_2749

21 Likes

Looks amazing! I use my broth for gumbo.

The pasta looks especially good!

3 Likes

The pasta was delicious. It was in some sort of seafood broth.

2 Likes

Excellent idea, I still have broth and half a crab.

Realizing Costco sells like a 10 pound bag of dumplings was one of those “Where have you been all my life?” moments.

We ordered Chinese last night and made these on the side.

19 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished: the charcuterie board and the crispy duck confit salad OR the sea bass would have been enough for me! You and the Mrs. eat very well!

3 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:
There were plenty of leftovers. The leftovers from the charcuterie platter will be used in a pasta dish during the week.

1 Like

Lovely "dim sim " …

1 Like

Risotto to die for … Milanese with saffron …

All looks especially wonderful … And the charcuterie and cheese board is too incredible !!!

1 Like

Super Bowl Sunday just isn’t the same when it’s only 3 people. Mini party included:

Homemade chili and cornbread
Ribs (really nailed the espresso/brown sugar rub)
Spicy Dogs from a local specialty store. (Call me a purest only spicy brown mustard)

20 Likes

Turkey Peshawari meatballs simmered in butter chicken sauce, served over cauliflower rice. I had a few ciders at a brewery and am ready for a nap.

15 Likes

My Super Bowl menu was country-style pork ribs, dry-rubbed with a pork rub of brown sugar, paprika, medium-hot chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme and s/p, slow-baked in the oven, finished in the last hour with Trader Joe’s Brown Sugar BBQ sauce.

Sides were deviled eggs, and a Wegmans-purchased broccoli-cauliflower-carrot-red cabbage slaw augmented with more shredded carrots and some raisins, with a dressing of mayo, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, sugar, s/p.

And wine.

And while my preferred team isn’t in the Big Game, I’ve got to root for the Bucs. Because the team is being led by the GOAT. And I just can’t let go.

16 Likes