What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

You should have your own cocktail thread. :heart:

5 Likes

There’s a portion thread? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s the latest obsession in my neck of the woods. Looks :yum: !

2 Likes

Good for you!

1 Like

That looks sooo good. Skin looks perfect.

1 Like

I’m all over that zucchini pasta recipe from the first episode of Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy.

1 Like

Lite bite with Dear & Sons.

12 Likes

Looks right out of Travel + Leisure. Sigh… Gorgeous.

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliment.

My dear, is a professional photographer and he did the honors.

I will tell him !

2 Likes

Looks so delicious & luv that tartare with the green tobiko top.

2 Likes

I know, right?!

3 Likes

I made corned beef and cabbage, turnip, yellow potato, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic in the IP. Horsey sauce drizzled over. Under 600 cal/plate (DH had two :face_with_hand_over_mouth:). Kiddo ate diced corned beef, sliced Campari tomatoes, and buttered ww bread after rejecting potatoes w/ TPSTOSC. :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

Chicken, shrimp and sausage with broccoli rabe and hot cherry peppers tossed with pasta. Delicious!

15 Likes

I’m so ready for a St Pats meal. Yours looks delicious.

2 Likes

yes, i remember it being made with Godiva chocolate liqueur, so there you go. and yes, i think we’re talking about the same era - 19 years since i had that drink in NYC = right about the time you were a kid, i’d imagine! where’s that old lady emoji? :smile:

I love the Midsummer! I have it on permanent rotation now: anytime I find it, I buy it. When it first came out, it was only a summer gin, i’m glad it’s available more of the time now. That and the Hendrick’s Orbium. ooh, and i just discovered there’s something called a Hendrick’s Lunar! haven’t seen that IRL yet. i will keep a sharp look-out.

1 Like

I’m sure some of you must have heard about that video on TikTok by a Finnish home cook, who made a super simple baked Feta Tomato Pasta that went viral. A few people on one of my FB food groups raved about it too. It’s ridiculously easy and really delicious. I think there are a lot of versions by now, but the standard is feta, tomatoes, basil, s&p, olive oil - all roasted, smash the tomatoes and cheese together until you get an unholy pink glop, and then stir in pasta. C’est tout!

My version: whole block of feta, a basket of cherry tomatoes, minced garlic, diced bacon (cuz, BF), dried oregano, a ton of olive oil drizzled over everything, and a little bit of diced preserved lemon scattered about, for a little zing. I didn’t use all the oil recommended but I did use enough that I went, “whoa” when it came out of the oven. But once everything was blended together, it wasn’t greasy at all. Green salad on the side. Super quick and easy dinner. Don’t pooh-pooh it til you’ve tried it!

i made the NYT quick preserved lemons - you dice up the whole lemons, peel and all (take out seeds), and then mix them with the juices, salt & sugar. Ready to use in just three hours. I used Meyer lemons - turned out great.

12 Likes

I’m bookmarking this & hope I remember I bookmarked it! :drooling_face:

1 Like

My sous vide immersion circulator arrived today . Any advice would be helpful. I’m a full beginner. Lamb loin chops tomorrow. Bean burritos tonight with leftovers. I did order the cooking container for the immersion circulator. Cheers .:wine_glass:

5 Likes

i really like doing fat, bone-in pork chops in my Anova. I’ve also done salmon with good success. I think I did a rib eye a couple of times, and the first the BF didn’t like the texture but I think he was just being fussy, and the 2nd time we loved it. i did a bunch of lobsters with friends at a lobster roll party, which was handy. i’ve tried root veggies in it - i think potatoes. there’s no need to do that again.

for me, it’s a tool that’s useful if you’ve really got something else going on in the kitchen that you have to time just right with other dishes. otherwise, i don’t use it that often. i think I’ve owned it for about 4 years and have used it maybe 6-7 times.

1 Like

It will probably end up like my slow cooker. Used 3 times in 10 years . Lol . Thanks for the tips.

2 Likes