What's For Dinner #66 - the Candle Lights in Chilly Nights Edition - February 2021

( order going from bottom up )

9 Likes

i do put the fotos in order, however, this is how they turned out …

PENNESEVEN16265783_10206680369442537_3544962506523901585_n

12 Likes

I made Moroccan Chicken Tagine with chickpeas (from dried) and brown lentils. From the Official IP book - our third time with this recipe.

16 Likes

Pesto pizza again, with diced tomato, shiitake mushrooms, and red onion.

14 Likes

Asian last night.

I made kung pao-ish chicken that was pretty delicious. Veggies were snap peas, mushrooms, and broccoli.

Tonight I made decadent GF mac and cheese for the kids, plus roasted cauliflower and sautéed spinach for everyone.

Adults had assorted leftovers - roast chicken, papaya salad, last night’s vegetables and tofu. I made onion gravy for the chicken to freshen it up.

21 Likes

Here in Aus, it’s very hot (34 degrees celsius) so not keen on turning the oven on or really lifting a finger to cook at the moment! I’ve got my eye on a slow cooked lamb ever since I saw it at Meatsmith (this great butcher/wine shop near me in Fitzroy). 8 hours slow cooked, can only imagine how good it’s going to be, I think I’ll have to give in and buy it!

6 Likes

Welcome to the Hungry Onion! When you decide to slow cook that lamb, be sure to snap a photo, tell us how you prepared it, and share it with us. Many of us get inspiration from our fellow cooks when trying to decide what to cook for dinner. Since our seasons are reversed here in the USA, you can go back and look at the What’s For Dinner threads in our hotter months of June, July and August for some hotter weather inspirations.

6 Likes

@Saregama

1 Like

Thank you thank you!

Thanks @ChristinaM. Sounds like your experimenting was successful!

Did the dough look dry/crumbly before you extruded? Iirc the reviews said not to make it look like normal pasta dough or it wouldn’t extrude correctly.

Going to pull out the machine for pasta this weekend.

Some dinners from February.

Jerk style chicken thigh braise, coconut rice, and zucchini.

Pasta with meat sauce, Caesar Salad - all housemade, with a really good new dressing recipe.

15 Likes

Grilled, pressed pastrami cheese melt, using the splurgy Zingerman’s pastrami. Good, but I don’t need to repeat the purchase!

Massaman style curry with lamb shoulder.

16 Likes

Yep, it looked dry and sandy.

I got the other set of pasta dies! And I’m going to experiment with incorporating some of these pasta-making tips - namely, pausing the machine for a 1-hr rest before extruding and subbing a little oil for some water.

Couple more family birthdays last Saturday, so we went Greek. Spanakopita, lamb burgers, dolmathes, Greek style fries, Greek salad (not pictured) skillet apple caramel crisp, vanilla ice cream. Meant to get after pics of the spanakopita, but forgot. Also made peanut butter cookies, but no photographic evidence of them exists…they got scarfed!
We planned to safely deck dine - it was a beautiful sunny day in the low 50’s, had the deck heater on, and things were going well for a few minutes. Then, gusty beyond being able to stay out, so we transitioned inside. Of course it was perfect the following day, as fate would have it…oh the dolmas were made from leaves I harvested from our grape vines. They were good - I’d frozen the leaves in rolled up bundles.

14 Likes

Smoked brisket sandwiches (freezer pull) with slaw. Taco night with ground turkey.

13 Likes

Just a quick lunch out today. Spaghetti with Caviar !
CAVIARSPAGHETTITHREEWINES149045179_10215927191527310_2570489774683837232_o|700x525

12 Likes

You can’t bait us like that and not deliver the goods :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I made Yucatan Shrimp with Sambal, Butter, and Lime Juice (subbing shallot for garlic) and adding ginger; sauteed beans and carrots with sesame and soy sauce, and soba noodles with dipping sauce and wasabi. Not bad for freezer/pantry raid.

16 Likes

Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe Haha - here you go @ChristinaM.

2 Likes