What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021

I was taught tortillas nearly the same way. Just a slight ingred chg. Btw, your meal sounds really worth trying myself. Thxs for the inspiration.

Actually, I just read through the recipe link you sent, and the method is nearly identical. The only difference is that I was supposed to entirely oil a single little disk, and then put it on top of a second unoiled disk. Whereas they have you oil one side of each disk, and then clamp those together. That may help with separating, but not with my curling issue. Back to square one.

Oil does help the dough from drying out and ripping.

It looks great… and that gravy! :yum:

1 Like

Sure, but both recipes have you oil the disks. Yours in the middle, where the rolling pin doesn’t touch. Mine in the middle and on one outside edge. Anyway, I don’t mean to pester you Rooster. It could be a practice makes perfect situation, or I just need to do a little google research on how to avoid the curl.

Im practicing! No pester at all. I keep taking virtual classes.

i looked at this one, but didn’t have a couple of things on hand…

so then I used this one as a base, cut in half, but then didn’t add chicken. I believe my chiles were guajillos and maybe pasilla? I have given up and have all my dried chilies in one plastic bag. :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes …
It is a household favorite …

Thank you very much and have a Healthy, Successful New Year …

1 Like

Friday Evening: An icy cold wintery evening at home with my 2 sons and their wives, over dinner and wine.

14 Likes

The lobster!

1 Like

If you note, the claws are not of a Bretagne (Brittany) Lobster, huge and red or blue …

This is a Rock Crayfish variety commonly found in the Mediterranean in between The Cadaques Capes and Marseille.

3 Likes

I didn’t note. Thank you for explaining. What is the complete filling/stuffing inside?

1 Like

Love your creativity with the mashed potatoes! If he brings home a boat of them again, I wonder if fritters would be good. Also a way to include some chunky goodies, adjust the seasoning, but this time add a fried crunch to the outside.

2 Likes

Great idea - a coating of panko crumbs would be good @Sasha!

1 Like

Last nights dinner: Chinese Beef Stew ala Instant Pot. Recipe is from Amy + Jacky’s website.

15 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Prawns, crayfish and spaghetti in a basic from scratch tomato sauce …
Sort of a Frutti di Mare but with Prawns & Crayfish …

5 Likes

Thank you very much.

It is an autumn and winter staple for us …

We love Risotto … and Italian Porcini or Spanish Boltelus …

2 Likes

That looks delicious!

1 Like

Im still learning how to tweak an InstaPot. Any tips for a newcomer? Your dish looks very comforting.

1 Like