What's For Dinner #65 - the Brand New New Year's Edition - January 2021

Fabulous lobster tail … Looks marvelous …

Fresh pasta is always delightful.

Have a lovely weekend.

3 Likes

I like Negronis, but love Boulevardiers and now I’m craving one.

3 Likes

Do I dare make one tonight??? :thinking:

3 Likes

GO FOR IT!! The “sweetness” of the bourbon balances the bitterness of the Campari than the sweet vermouth.

3 Likes

Absolutly, what MsBean said.

3 Likes

Hope everyone is well

Searing some salmon to go with roasted yellow and zucchini squash

A side salad on the side :wink:

7 Likes

Best to you as well. Nice sounding meal you have planned @Scubadoo97.

1 Like

Thanks

Simple and quick

1 Like

My first brisket . Looks to be four hours out in the slow cooker. Cheers .:wine_glass:

14 Likes

15 Likes

Took the day off with expectations of getting a lot done today. I mean, I even took a shower, dried my hair, and put on makeup because I was going to go out in public! :astonished:

Ummm…yeah. So…how about them Patriots? :thinking: Wait…OK, maybe not.

Then again, there’s always tomorrow, said Scarlett.

Dinner. I accomplished that.

Tsardusted bone-in pork chop, seared and finished in the oven. Made a quick mango salsa comprised of mango, red bell pepper, chopped sweet onion, fresh parsley, freshly grated ginger and lime juice.

Served on leftover Basmati rice with roasted Brussels sprouts alongside. And wine.

And I shamelessly add pics of Alfie and Finn in their double cuteness about 12 hours apart. Because CUTENESS. As crazy as they are, these two have kept me on a mostly even keel for quite some time. And for that, I thank them. :heart:

23 Likes

Mrs. P made a coffee rubbed D’Artagnan magret duck breast with sides of roasted delicata squash and TJ’s sweet potato fries. I had a cranberry, cherry, cabernet conserve (not pictured) with the duck. It all went great with an excellent Chateauneuf Du Pape.

20 Likes

Marinated marbre steak again, but I found out that the cut is actually a Denver Steak. Purely marketing, I read. But really delish - well marbled, very tender, and so flavorful. Also, my favorite potato salad, a play on a Patricia Wells recipe, with minced shallots, thyme, garlic, s&p, and evoo. a bunch of garlicky broccoli rabe AND steamed broccoli - getting our veg on.

16 Likes

Mmmmm sweet potato fries

Delicious Friday night, @paryzer!

1 Like

Brisket with Rotkohl . Cheers .

17 Likes

i want to eat those little toes up!

and your pork chops looks great - so juicy!

2 Likes

same with our hood, so we order take-out at least 2-3 times a month, and when I go to my sister’s we do there too. but still manage to cook an awful lot.

2 Likes

gorgeous pic. We’re having some tomorrow night at my sister’s.

A big thank you to @Phoenikia who asked about Kharcho and @Rooster who posted the recipe for it. Kharcho is a beef soup in a tomato broth flavored with dill, coriander and paprika ( I used a blend of dulce and picante smoked paprika). It is usually made with rice but since some of the Bean clan is not eating rice at the moment I cooked the rice separately so that those who wanted it could add it in. And since the recipe made enough for at least 2 meals, I didn’t want the rice to suck up too much of the delicious broth.

17 Likes

Looks good, @MsBean. I really love Georgian food. It’s been one of my favorite cuisines for a while.

6 Likes